Toyota Yaris 1st gen (XP10; 1999) 1.3 VVT-i engine converting to charcoal gas

This car i have at home, buy it for the tires , but engine is ok .

Is that realistic that engine converting too charoal gas?

Engine electronics

3 Likes

4 Likes

Looks like the snow we just at my place.
Bob

2 Likes

Jee , we have a good winter!

2 Likes

Hello Haapio,
Use this engine as in a driving vehicle?
Or use for stationary power?

Vehicle you will have to learn the original vehicle electronics. It may will want to fight you.
Stationary engine you could set up your own flywheel triggered ignition system. I have a link in English on the how-to.
Regards
Steve Unruh

2 Likes

Vehicle you will have to learn the original vehicle electronics. It may will want to fight you.

That’s some school project, about that later

Stationary engine you could set up your own flywheel triggered ignition system. I have a link in English on the how-to.

that’s interesting

2 Likes

Hi Haapio,
The best schools are self-learning schools. In Life you never stop self-learning.

I give you the full Ignition systems link. Not the abbreviated sub-link. The English is very standard English. No colloquial. But very technical wording specific. This may give some translators with limited knowledge difficulty.

https://www.gardentractorpullingtips.com/ignition.htm

The specific section I would direct you to is “100% Maintenance-Free Crank Triggered . . . .”
This is the one showing how to make a single to 12 cylinder ignition system from ABS wheel sensors and 1980’s vehicle ignition amplifier boxes.

Read. Understand this whole article and you will never fear ignition system on any engine ever again. You will impress your friends and family with your abilities.
Regards
Steve unruh

3 Likes

Allis-Chalmers D-270 – D-272 (1954-60)

Diesel

The is me projeckt-tracktor need repear break.

That can be 1 option converting-to-charcoal-gas ore wood-gas

3 Likes

https://www.jensales.com/contnet/ppp/allis-chalmers-d272-engine-operarors-manual.pdf

Johan Liddel grafted on a Volvo/Bosch six cylinder ignition distributor onto his English David Brown 3-cyclinder diesel tractor to wood gas fuel it.
That ignition article I sent you shows ignition distributor adapting.

Where there is a will. There is a way.
Steve Unruh

2 Likes

something wrong

1 Like

also here

Yes I know. I can find . . . as a downloadable pdf. But the link I use fails to transfer.
I found it by searching
Allis Chalmers D272 Fuel injection system
I wanted to see the fuel injection pump style.

For the ignition one try, searching as:
Ignition Solutions for Older Small Engines and Garden Tractors
then open the site
gardentractorpulling

View the Yaris engine, as just an engine. The variable camshafts can be mechanical locked into a fixed setting. Or if you become really good their adjusters could be manipulated electrically.
What I intend to do on my VVTi Camry engine.

Regards
Steve Unruh

2 Likes

P3/144 diesel

difficult need direct injection

2 Likes

Steve, first of all let me say l am realy looking forward to your Camry project! It will be nice to see you sail in the mobile gasifier waters :wink:

As for Haapios project. Dont give up on electronics just yet! Chances are it will work fine as it is. My Seat was 98 and worked marvelous on woodgas. My Chevy was 2006 and woodgased great. Both had electronics, chevy didnt even have a distributer. Their problems were my fault. Knowing what l know now, after 11 gasifiers built, they wuld be great reliable dayly woodgas drivers.

So, Haapio. My advice is just build a gasifier! It will surely power something :wink:

4 Likes

yes that’s the way i go.

and like most have a small tracktor.

2 Likes

100w blower , same i using woodchipdburner

1 Like

and now need long cold pipe

2 Likes

Yes keep working on your gasifing side of it.

For others: your Perkins 3 cylinder 144 engine injection system.
At he very beginning. At 5:00-5:30. Then ending video first starting up.

Not impossible to spark adapt. Use three hall effect or magnetic trigger sensors (ABS wheel from your Yaris) triggered off of the front injector pump drive gear.

Amplify/trigger through three individual auto ignition boxes. Spark plugs down through the injector holes. Each with it’s own coil-over-spark plug from your Yaris.
Need three machined inserts for the injector holes spark plug adapting. Straight lathe work. Using aluminum or cast steel.
S.U.

1 Like

Toyota Yaris ABS brake wheel speed sensor

23,00 €

Quality:

Used

Position:

Right

Car description

Manufacturer

Toyota

Series

Yaris

Model

Yaris

Year

2006-2011

Model year

Body type

Other

Steering wheel position

Right

Driving wheels

Front

Fuel type

Diesel

Engine type

Engine power, kW

Gearbox type

Manual

ok but me car year 2000

can found new in shop

1 Like

kuva

Engine CF 22, power 26 hp DIN @ 1700 rpm, 4-cylinder, displacement 2.2 liters, compression ratio 1: 4.6, oil. pressure 2–3 kg / cm2, oil volume approx. 6 l, valve clearance: suction 0.25 mm, exhaust 0.30 mm (hot).
THIS i found near where i live fot sale.
I think this can be good start for Drive on wood

5 Likes