Update *where I'm at*

I haven’t been active on this forum being busy with school and work, and I was unable to attend argos this year because of exams. I have gotten pretty far concerning the vehicles I have had. I haven’t turned 17 yet and I have since had 9 cars/trucks. It has proven to be a favorite hobby of mine. I have not taken on a wood gas project yet because of not having a welder or a shop to do it at. I will be getting a shop in january and will take on a wood gas project when I have space and time. I am now a welder at a small local shop and I have been happy working there, I do see it as a future career of mine as well. I will get around to posting pictures of the vehicles I have had so far soon, and I might throw in some pictures of my welds and the things I weld at work. Some of the projects/orders we do are actually for the military and get shipped up to oshkosh to be used on military humvees and 2.5 and 5 ton trucks. That stuff is pretty cool to weld. I also occasionally weld medical equipment and lead filled fixtures for radioactive material containment. some mri machine welding too!

11 Likes

It sounds like you are getting set up in skills to make the big jump into a gasifier build. Good to hear from you. We will all be here to help but you know that already.
Bob

7 Likes

It is great to have a forum like this for when I do jump into a gasifier build, and since this is an off topic thread I will probably be posting things I am doing in the meantime, I’m sure a few people on here will like some of the stuff I do so I will post it.

7 Likes

I think with the high spec jobs you’re doing now you won’t have any troubles putting together a gasifier.

5 Likes

I will just start off by posting some of the medical, military, and regular production weldments I make at work every day, I won’t go in depth with any of it but you’ll be able to see the different types of products I make at work. I love my job and I am thinking about making it my career.

5 Likes

17 Likes

15 Likes

They are all in mixed up order with which parts go with what and which ones are just their own product, but the augers I made are pretty cool, they go with the big frames that you can see tacked up in fixture, they are augers and frames for concrete pavers, I don’t know the brand they are for but for the past year all of the new units have been welded by me and are either still in production or are out in the Midwest somewhere paving concrete driveways and roads

11 Likes

Nice job, it looks like tig but you migged it. Talented! Be careful for your lungs or you wont get old.

4 Likes

Thankfully the shop I work at has a few ventilation units that’ll suck up the smoke and fumes so I don’t have to worry as much about that, safety is always in mind while I am working (unlike some of my halfway braindead coworkers).

6 Likes

Very nice! This is welding p*rn!! :star_struck:

7 Likes

Excellent work Tyler. Very impressive. I couldn’t do any better and I’ve been doing it for 63 years. You are 16?

9 Likes

I am 16, been only welding for a year and a half now.

16 Likes