Using the forum

For the most part this should be a very easy to use site. But in case you want to know everything you can do, here’s a quick tutorial on using the forum.

Please note: this site is built using Drupal, a powerful content management system with some forum-like capabilities. It’s not your regular VBulletin or Simple Machines. Being a CMS means we can do some interesting things and have lots of customized stuff. But it comes with it’s own quirks.

You should be able to create a new topic in any of the following forums, Announcements, Projects and General Discussion. Additionally, Premium members can post to the Builders’ discussion, Ask Wayne and Beta forums. When posting a new topic, you can select any of the forums available to you in the dropdown box. Moderators may move topics when appropriate.

There is no WYSIWYG editor, that’s intentional. Instead, you can use the “Filtered HTML” format, which allows some basic HTML. Here are some of the most common tags you might use:

~ Links. Most URLs will be automatically recognized as links. But if you want to fancy it up with a title, do this:
This is a link This is a link. You replace “someURL” with your URL, that should look like http://www.example.com. The title of your link replaces “This is a link”.

~Images. Most of the time you will upload images to the site. But sometimes you want to link to an image you have on an external site. Do this:
and replace the “someURL” with the actual URL, that should look like http://www.example.com/image.jpg. You can even use this instead of the title on a link, and you end up with a clickable image.

~ Quote. Add and around your text.

~ Bold. Add and around your text.

~ Italics. Add and around your text.

~ Bullets. Add before each item.

Each post gets to have as many photos as you like attached. Inside the box, click the button to Choose a file. Pick your file, and click OK. Then – listen up – you have to click the “Upload” button. Once you do, it will make a new box to allow another photo to upload. If you don’t click that Upload button, it will wait until you finish your post and then it will upload it as it saves. But you won’t get a chance for a second picture.

Pictures attached to posts are clickable. You will get the full size image. Note that on slow connections this may take a while to load up.

You may edit your post anytime. You may not delete it. If you double post or something just leave it for a moderator, we will fix it. All posts may be edited by a moderator. We don’t intend to change your post’s meaning, only to correct errors or remove offensive content. If you have an issue with a post being changed, please contact us.

Eventually there will be a way to embed Youtube videos. For now that’s an admin-only function and you just have to link to the video.

Comments on other site content are the same as forum posts, and use the same Filtered HTML markup and rules.

Your profile is a great place to put information about yourself. I know they are minimal looking but I haven’t had time to improve them yet. You can do a lot with the Bio field, including external pictures and links.

There’s no photo gallery yet, please know that it’s coming… someday.

Comments and questions welcome!

1 Like

Hi all, i m new here but have been on Yahoo/groups/wood gas for some time and am based in the U.K.
I ve been busy fabricating a system with much help from Wayne Keith(this site) and Mike Larosa from yahoos site and am happy to say i have a useable wood gas powered truck, based on a 1976 Landrover 101 forward control. I still have some issues to iron flat but i use my truck everyday and am well chuffed with not having to buy lots of petrol to run my truck, just enough to start the engine and maybe a help up steep hills, as i can also run hybrid petrol/wood gas.
Theres been much intrest in my truck locally and have been requested to attend various shows last year and this and shall be happy to attend as much as possible as all are charity run events.
Last year at my home towns Vintage Steam Fair, i made the local paper covering the event, with little coverage of the other enterants exhibits…sorry all others but i dont edit the local rag!
This year i shall try and cover some shows further afield as i enjoy the relaxation and get chance to see what else is coming out of the wood work.
I guess i shall post some pictures as soon as its possible to do so of the set up so far and shall work on the bugs to get as good a set up as possible, but for that i will need Waynes book…so pull yer socks up Wayne!
I have converted my trailer to carry the fuel stock for my truck and the cutter that sizes the chunks for longer runs and it uses the exhaust gas to dry the chunks as i drive. Again, an idea that came from Wayne via Youtube with a little creativity of my own.
Anyway see you down the woods soon
G

1 Like

Good Morning Gareth,

Thanks for all the kind words.

When you get a chance put some photos of the landrover up on the projects forum and also would like to see your mug on the Woodgas Family Up Close.

BBB

Hello everyone, I have been interested in wood gasification for several years now and believe it is time to get off the pot. With the many uses, kits, and plans that are avaible I find myself drawn to Wayne’s method for the use with vehicles. I look forward picking away at his knowledge base and becoming a life member(m/o going out this week). I feel that the time to prepare for the comming day is with us. Yes, I am one of those prepper people you hear about. Food, water, security issues have been addressed and now it iis time to move on to transportation. Just being able to drive past the gas stations will be such a pleasure. I am located in northern florida just inland of the gulf coast. I would be happy to share any knowledge that one may have about self subsistance and living off the land…or water as the case may be. Also a big shout out to Chris for putting together a great website and means for like minded people to gather and share information, ideas, and plans for the future.

Harvest in circle
John

1 Like