Wayne's V-10 Ram

Nice to see another reason why the big Dodge is your favorite truck. Merry Christmas. Doug D. from the land of frost. (60 degrees F on Thursday)

Good morning Mr. D

Favorite truck for work but it can’t compete with the dakota on the open road .

Hope you and yours have the best Christmas ever :relaxed:

That is a really nice engine Wayne. I poked around the site and looked at the turbine engine. Looks like that would be an engine to build around a gasifier for an electric hybrid setup. Small turbine to turn a genhead and provide heat to help the wood gas process. Fun exercise to think about.

1 Like

Fore those with short arms or a deep gasifier :grin:

10 Likes

You can’t patent that…

2 Likes

Hey Doug .

I take it that you have done some research on extensions :grin:

It seems winter has hit Alabama , it is cold out but warm in the cab of this old truck .

4 Likes

Yes Wayne. I have been at the top of an extension ladder, have the bottom slip away and crashed through the house window with shards of glass sticking out of my head. Like a hedgehog.
How is your bottom hopper tube not clogging in your Michigan weather?

1 Like

Hey Wayne, what are you using for video camera these days? You always used to use those vertical flip cameras but your shadow before getting in the truck showed something more horizontal.

1 Like

Hey Doug.

I haven’t had any problem yet and maybe this Michigan weather will not last but a day or so .

I saw ice in a mud hole this morning !!! :worried:

Hello Mr. D

Canon SD400

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Powershot-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B0007TJ5OG

I have been using it for about 10 years for pics but mainly using the flip for videos until the flip began to act up with me a few months back . .

1 Like

Good after noon MR Wayne just checking data, how many burps a week wood you think maybe you get out of old red, and does it upset the top drumb seal too make it leak after a burp,I see no smoke from idleing,Looks great.THANKS SWEM.

1 Like

Hello Kevin.

I have never counted but I would guess maybe a burp every 25-30 start ups. Most of the time they are very light and hardly hear them.

I can’t remember losing a seal from a burp.

Usually when I do have a burp it is as the gasifier is warming up .

2 Likes

I worked the V-10 this morning ,

Camera picks up a lot of noise that I never noticed while driving .

Also the wife and I put about 50 miles on the dakota this afternoon visiting sick folks

The trucks are running well enough that a lemon is needed :relaxed:

7 Likes

Before I had a drivers license, I would go on free Sunday drives. I see that’s still possible. Hey Wayne, do you see the cooling rail temp rising with that kind of upgrade, or not that much.

1 Like

Hello Doug.

I have seen no change in the temps.

1 Like

Hi Wayne,
Thanks for the ride.
Pepe

Hello Wayne
Your ground there looks like what I get into all time, lots of log roads to travel in the timber business.

Hello all.

My son and I just made a quick 30 mile round trip hauling cattle . I drove hybrid about 2 miles.

The ole truck still running good :relaxed:

7 Likes

The wood burners have been steady working. I am using the ole V-10 today :relaxed:

3 Likes

Wayne, I hope you’re not in such a hurry you have to eat while driving :smile: (I saw spoons in your front window)

1 Like

Hello JO

The dash is so high on the ole truck that I didn’t realize the spoons were there until seeing the video.

My son my have had something to do with the spoons. He used my truck to sale fire wood last week ( set on the road side until someone stops to buy ) I always keep a few cans of pork&beans under the seat for emergencies . I will check to see if they are missing.:neutral_face:

5 Likes