Website display issues

Sorry - fixed - just like you said.

1 Like

Known issue - Youtube embeds don’t seem to be working on Ipads. Can someone with an iPhone check if they work?

Video below:

No problem on my Iphone, sure wish Jay would come to Argos. And bring that car !!!

Carl

1 Like

Thanks Carl. Now I guess somebody else with an iPad needs to confirm whether the above video is showing up. If so, I guess it’s a specific problem to this iPad.

Works on my old android tablet too.

1 Like

The video works good on my chrome book :smile:

how do we know how many new post have been made on a topic and what ones have been read. thanks chris

You see those for topics that are tracked.

If you want to see be sure to see new, set the whole category to tracked. By default, you’ll see topics started within the last two days regardless, and you’ll see the number of replies to topics you’re tracking (either by posting or reading it awhile). All this is editable in your user preferences.

More info here:

The Leno steam video worked on my iPad.

What Happened to my blog? Did it get left behind? I have the construction one, but can’t find the old WOOD IS GOOD.
Also, just realized all my bookmarks in my browser from the old site now go nowhere! I guess I’ll have to start all over.

Hi Andrew,

Blogs are coming! They didn’t migrate automagically with everything else, so they have to be copied by hand. I’ll be doing that soon. If you want to get your stuff now, go to old.driveonwood.com and start copying and pasting. You can look up your bookmarks the same way… I’ve been fixing broken links all over the forum.

It’s a labor of love guys…

4 Likes

Hi Chris…I can’t find my build thread. Can you tell me how to find it please. I can’t find Carl Zinns build thread either. I just don’t know how to use the new site yet. I got some pics to post if I can find my thread…Thanks

Gary

1 Like

Here’s your thread: http://forum.driveonwood.com/t/gary-langworthys-gasifier/1030

Here’s Carl’s thread: http://forum.driveonwood.com/t/carls-gasifier/371/26

The fastest way to find something specific is with the search. You can search on “carls gasifier” etc using the magnifier icon in the top bar.

You can find posts and topics you’ve made on your profile page. Profile - racer3g - Drive On Wood!
Easiest way to get there is to click your “R” in the top right, then click “Profile” on the dropdown. Or anywhere you see your name you can click on it.

So , A little curious about something. the first person who likes a post I made, shows up in my notifications who it is and everything. thereafter if more people like it, No notice and no way to know who else liked it. Is there a setting I can change or something to know all the people who like my Post?

1 Like

I think it notifies you for each like separately, I could be wrong though. In any case, if you look at the post it will say " 3 people like this" or similar. Click on that and you’ll see the avatars for whoever liked it. If you’re not sure who’s who, click the picture and you’ll get a user card.

EDIT: Just noticed, if you are LOOKING at the post, the notification will mark itself as read (it’s still there though). So, I see you just liked this post, and I did get a notification but it didn’t make a blue dot. That’s because I’m still looking at this post, and I saw the like first hand - it assumes you don’t need to be notified when you already saw it.

1 Like

Thanks Chris, Also discovered in my profile I can click on likes and it gives them all to me.

Chris,

Every time I come across a post with embedded video, all I see is a blank area of the screen where the video window should be, like the following:

Using Internet Explorer 10. This started happening about a week and a half ago.

Working here for me using IE 11. Don’t have a way to test IE 10 but it should work the same, anything IE9+ is fully HTML5 compatible.

Check your extensions/add-ons, it may be getting blocked. Try clearing your cache (Ctrl-Shift-Delete).

Just FYI…

We are aware of the blurry image problem on older posts. I’m working on a fix, it may take a day or two. New posts are working fine.

6 Likes

Thanks for the hard work you do Chris! This stuff is way over my head :+1:

2 Likes