Well pump advice

We pulled our submersible well pump today to see why it is not putting out the pressure it used to. The pump looks good and the filters clean, but it is 32 years old. I put it back in so we have water, but I am looking for a replacement, Any brand advice?

Kent

3 Likes

Ours is a Goulds which it looks like amazon even has them now, although I am not sure if they are the cheaper option for purchasing. make sure you get the right size.

Is the pressure problem at the pump? There are check valves that get stuck that need to be replaced.

If it is 220v is it getting power down both legs? The wires can break, and cause issues where it is only giving half pressure but it is usually loud. It is best to replace that as well, and you need the waterproof connector at the pump. we had the issue where we used a box with 2 30a fuses and one of them blew not both so it kind of worked..

The other pressure loss of course is the water pressure tank or pressure regulator going bad, but I am sure you have dealt with that before and checked.

5 Likes

Kent,

Mine is A.Y. McDonald and has been going for 35 years so far without a problem.

1 Like

My original pump was a Jacuzzi. Lasted 20 years. When I replaced it I got a Red Lion just because it was on the shelf at a box store and it was February and I didn’t have time to shop around. It’s been working 7 years now.