What I learned this year at Argos 2015

Hello all,
I didn’t get to Argos but would love to here some stories. I was hoping this thread would provide that. The more humorous, the better.

What I learned? Don’t park your wood chunker too close to a pile of branches… if it bucks a little you might land on your rear. On camera… on Youtube… forever. :wink:

15 Likes

Another thing I learned… a water bottle can be used as a temporary 2" pipe plug if you happen to lose your hay filter drain pipe somewhere on the interstate. This got me through about 400 miles of driving and seems to be still holding.

4 Likes

There is a small town in Illinois that has really rough railroad tracks. It will bounce your trailer right off the ball at 20 mph

3 Likes

Don’t pop the clutch on your charcoal lawn tractor while every one is watching. It will lay on its back and you won’t be able to get off until a couple of guys pull you back down. Then they ask you to do it again for the camera, which I declined to do.

11 Likes

Next year I will anchor my canopy much better. Chasing it down and disabling at 3 AM in a rain and wind storm is no fun :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

The best friends a person can find will be at Argos… :grin:

Jeff

4 Likes

Next year I’ll take only what’s nessasary. After putting stuff away I thought I lost my only cornbinder hat but later found it under the car set. :scream:

Jeff

2 Likes

A hopper puff is silent unless the hold down spring slams across the roof while going down the road. Not my truck.

2 Likes

I saw Wayne’s video and learned Mike can still move his legs at 2am. I am glad!! :smile:

5 Likes

Sounds like someone might have gotten a little wet. no indoor camping this year?

I learned that when Ron brings the boxes of wood over, grab you sacks and get to stuffing, or you will come home on gasoline. TomC

2 Likes

A fast fiddle has healing powers. I seen Mike L dance

2 Likes

Lawn tractors on charcoal, and pellets, have a curious attraction. Gotta do one now.

5 Likes

Our boys are talking about doing one too. They thought they were neat. Will there be a race next year?

1 Like

Somebody’s grandson ( Greg H?) said he was going to build one and race me next year. I’ll be ready!

4 Likes

Marvin borrowed my hand held torch and said that cost him 40 -50 bucks :disappointed:

He said he would have to have one :relaxed:

Thanks Bill , I used yours last year and as soon as I got home I bought one :relaxed:

1 Like

Oh I can see this coming. A friend of mine belonged to that “lawn mower” racing group.TomC

Knowing Marvin, he’ll do better than that. :wink:

1 Like

$37 at Lowes. I figured I better buy one while I was still impressed and before I had time to think about how much they cost. :smiley:

I learned Mr. Don needs wheelie bars on the mower and most likely the Tracker too.

I learned I made a friend last year that noticed I had a bolt on ring for my hopper fill lid and thought enough to bring me one with a lever. Made the trip home a lot easier. Thanks

I learned I missed you and your wife Mike. (Say hi to your wife for me)

1 Like