What I learned this year at Argos 2015

Believe me, We sure missed all the people and festivities also. It looks like a great turnout with many woodgas projects. What a terrific little community Wayne and Chris have created. I’m glad everyone made it home safe.

Good morning MikeyB

Really missed yall, Maybe next year :relaxed:

Hello Mr. Tom

She uses two 5 gallon buckes with the bottoms removed . . The buckets are slide togetter as a unit to make them taller . The plastic bag is slide up over the bottm of the bucket , bucket filled with wood and removed leaving the wood in the sack about 3/4 full.

The son and I will be tied up in the hay field today ( mans work ) She has about a thousand pounds of wood that needs bagging ( womens work ) :relaxed:

2 Likes

I learned that these will take tar off your hands.

1 Like

Ha Ha … Where’s the link to me dancing ??? … I was crippled the next day … My hands are almost back to normal … I cut a few acres of grass today getting caught up … Mike L

3 Likes

I learned Bill don’t remember he brought the same wrags last year.

3 Likes

Note on the hand held torches. I got a new one from Menards a couple years ago. I’ve had several over the years. This last one was in 2 pieces.The nozzle is shipped separate from the torch body. I do not care for it as much as the others as it is only retained by a twist motion. Vibration loosens it and then it fails to light or the nozzle actually falls out if rolling around in the truck or tool box.
Best,
RonO

1 Like

ive learned not getting to argos this year and getting to meet all you and see other works of art really sucks. I need to plan better for the next event.

3 Likes

I learned that my new hour/tack meter doesn’t like pouring down rain. On the trip to Argos I put duct tape over it but it never rained. At Argos I forgot about it then it rained. At home it died and I lost my running total of hours… Oh well I have the spare installed now. Electronics and heavy equipment :yum: never mix well…

Jeff

2 Likes

I moved 9 posts to a new topic: Three phase power

There are a lot of different types of power delivery and it is much easier to understand when you can actually see the electrical sine waves and the math used to figure them out. For instance, the place where I work uses 3 phase power as there service to the building. however, it is 480 volt 3 phase. So if you were to measure 1 phase to ground it would show 277 volts. I am trying to think of an easier way to explain. lol. I was never good at explaining.

2 Likes

What I learned this year Chris has some serious talent on that guitar. :fire:

1 Like

Hopefully we will get the pre-Memorial Day slot next time … It was a tough trip for me … I get lyme disease about every other year … That sun really chewed me up … Gettin old and doxycycline … I donated lots of plasma today and nobody benefited from it … I worked outside all day and I’m scrappin out the old S-10 … Have tow hooks on the black truck now from it so I can drag it out … Jeff, Thanks for that canon … I’ll post some youtube stuff when I really figure it out … Mike
Matt, set up my cleaning for the middle of July … They wanted me to come in today … yeah righhhhhht …

I learned I am Lisa Kieth’s uncle or his twin haha

I never expected that I would still be benefiting from that camera. Strange how things work out. Mike, keep the videos and pictures coming…!! :raised_hands:

Jeff

1 Like

Hey Randy ,

Yes you are a dead ringer for Lisa’s uncle Bud .

I learned Danny Moore has some excellent sorghum syrup that is great on hot corn bread .

Also great peanut brittle .

I learned from last years Argos to keep the peanut brittle up front with us so the wife can keep her seat belt across the shoulder vs under her arm reaching in the back seat .

Almost a week of driving with the seat belt in proper location . 10 seconds under the arm and a wave at the trooper = ticket

1 Like

Met a lot of good folks up there. Had a hard time living through the weekend without a lighter and a knife since I flew to IN and didn’t check any bags. I learned that while we’re picking beans and squash and cucumbers down here those poor folks in IN can get frostbite sleeping outside. Watched Mike L dance, Chris play about any instrument, and popcorn works as a charcoal gas filter. Sleeping on a pile of used steer bedding is better than concrete. There’s plenty of good food there. Thanks ladies. Lord willing, hope to see you next year. My boys are all excited to get something going.

Thanks for all the stories, gentlemen. It’s the little things that occur all weekend that make it memorable.
Jim Hart, I didn’t see a kitchen sink in your stuff. But you seemed to have everything else.
No burns or hair removals either, very impressive.
Thanks again, MikeyB

1 Like

If this is the same Billy… Hi there…!!

I found the link to the windmill oil press but your card was in the car and the car was in the garage. But it’s back so later I’ll email that off to you.

Your taxi driver,
Jeff

mosquitos are bad tonight … so is this keyboard which is why steve u sent it my way … can someone post the link to me dancing so I can show Sue so she knows I was actually there … TNX, Mike L

2 Likes

Here ya go Mike .

I think you were just kidding us about being cripple

1 Like