Where in the world are you?

Good morning wood gasers: Some one mentioned Gregg Manning, a name I had not heard since I stop going to Yahoo Woodgas group. My quest to find him took me back to that Woodgas group. As I read I came across a map that Sabidess ( spel ?) has on his web site with many of us gasifiers pinpointed on a map. I know that there are many here on DOW who haven’t filled in the information to get a pin on the map;

Go to; Wood Gasser Directory | Northern Self Reliance and get your name on the map. There are many new people form Europe, I know. TomC

2 Likes

Hello Mr. Tom ,

I checked and my little pinpoint is still there :grinning:

2 Likes

Nice, but it seems that i can’t ad myself…
But anyway, i an here…

1 Like

Yes you were one of the ones I looked up to see how up to date the map remained. I noticed that there was no one on the main land of Europe and not much west of the Mississippi. TomC
PS Koen Why not? Are you. Living out of the world??? TomC
PS Sorry Kohn I couldn’t find Thailand either. TomC

1 Like

I am from mainland Europe :wink: but l dont know how to pin?

I’m from the Scandinavian peninsular :wink: I was able to get my lat and long and log in but still not able to add row in the table.
This is where I’m at.

1 Like

So much easier just to say it here than figure out my lats and long.
I’m from Litchfield, Maine, Deep in the woods , and you are all welcome to drop in and camp out anytime. Solar powered, so there may be limits on number of showers available on certain days…

3 Likes

Sorry guys; I have taken info from a couple of you and tried to input to no avail. I have written Steven Sabbadess, hoping he will help use out. TomC

To get here, just go to Wayne’s place, Cross over the Coosa River and go past Talladega Super Speedway through the woods a ways and we’re right here across the Big Talapoosa River, down the road from that big old stump from that pecan tree that used to stand next to the barn that burned down in 91. That one that belonged to old Cooter Coefield. :blush:

somewhere around :

4 Likes

Here I am. Used to be out here by myself, now have a family as neighbors to the South (Good!) and 8000 swine to the near North-West (not so good!) Decatur is my mailing address, but I am 10 miles south west of downtown!

1 Like

I’m in N. Idaho between Sandpoint and Coeur d’Alene

2 Likes

My location: Google Maps
There is plenty of dead wood in that strip of land going through the rectangle. Logbook shows 324 55 gallon drums of it has been converted to charcoal.

4 Likes

I just went to the “fusion tables” place this morning and found this:
“Google Fusion Tables will not be available after Dec. 3, 2019.”
That’s a while away, but maybe not worth putting effort into at this time.
So it’s going away anyway sooner or later.
Digging a bit deeper, google says it has a bunch of new applications to replace it, but maybe none of them are free.

Pete Stanaitis

2 Likes

Pete,
I didn’t know what “fusion tables” were, until I looked it up and found that is how all those cool Google Maps 3D visualizations work that I use and like a lot. I signed up for updates to the “new” scheme. Thanks for the heads-up! Happy New Year!

Tom Lambert
Here in the sticks of northern Alberta, Canada…
55 deg 08 min N
212deg 29 W…
Wandering river.
Was -30 c or '22 deg F…o boxing day…
I am solar and wood powered

5 Likes

Hey Tom,
Good see ya here!

3 Likes

This, in theory is where I am. Not so sure. Happy New Year!!!

from yahoo latitude longitude altitude
decimal 8.70083 -71.45109
deg-min-sec 8° 42’ 2.988" -71° 27’ 3.924"
, Andrés Bello, Merida

from open street map latitude longitude altitude
decimal 8.7145696 -71.4461633
deg-min-sec 8° 42’ 52.4506" -71° 26’ 46.1879"
La Azulita, Municipio Andrés Bello, Mérida, Venezuela,

3 Likes

Hi from Corndale, New South Wales, Australia

3 Likes

Hi Ben,
Sorry about the late reply. I’m just catching up with some
of my reading and found a new member. Welcome to the site.
I’m sure you will find it captivating. You will find the members
very willing to answer questions.
There are no dumb questions! Let us know what
your thinking of gasifying for a start on a conversation. We all
have made boo boos and like to help new members start out
on the right foot in the right direction. Good luck.
You can also ask questions on any site you are visiting. You will
find a great group of helpful gassers here. Good luck.
Pepe

3 Likes

May be Chris Saenz could figure out how to do something similar here on this site?

1 Like