Which vehicle would you choose?

Hey EricS.
Makes sence - a Speed Density system then. This was Chrysler/Dodge type. Simpler, more reliable but not able to be quite as emmisions precise as a MAF system. IF you have a TPS or MAP problem the Ford self diagnostic routine will say this pretty reliably.
MT five speeds have a tranny sensor input into the computer triggering a different very lean and advanced timing strategy for maximum fuel economy - not power. Bad or disconnected 5th gear tranny sensor? Also check the calibration code on the computor case and use an online refernce chart to make sure some AH hasn’t swapped in an auto tranny calibrated computer. Same thing can happen on the throttle body. Many makes use a different cable bell crank curve from auto to manual tranny useage. This kind of stuff on older been DYI worked on a lot rigs can drive you crazy.
Regards
Steve Unruh

I was poking through a pile of baby clothes at a yard sale, Friday, when, suddenly, right before my eyes, appeared a factory manual for a 1992 Dodge Dakota Rear Wheel Drive. So, the Ford Crew Cab is going on the block, and I and a party of favorites are going hunting for that Dakota.

Steve,
didn’t have time to pull the codes this weekend but did have time to see that some AH ran the plug wires exactly how the sticker on the radiator support says not to so the engine won’t cross fire. also checked my IAC it ohmed out good.
took the truck for a quick drive but still the same problem so hopefully i can get the codes pulled next weekend. the truck is only throwing a CEL about 20min or so into a drive that might be from the cats though. i know im going to cut the thermactor air and cats out useless on a wood gas truck anyway. some ford truck forum there was a guy saying his thermactor air was causing the same problem i have. and no i don’t need to get emissions inspection on trucks older than 95, mine is a 94 hmm almost like i planned that one :stuck_out_tongue:
c’mon get back to me on the premium site so i can get building