Wood Powered Caddy

Great job Herb!
Here’s the direct link.

1 Like

Can’t view it.
TerryL

Great job, Herb. It seems the media got the jist of it.

Great job Herb!

You make us all proud !!

Just for you Terry. Herb Hartman's Wood Powered Cadillac -- On the 10:00 news! - YouTube

Applause, Applause! Great job on the Caddy and on TV. Chris, I surrender my place on the front page to the “Driver from Iowa”.

For the kind words and for posting on YouTube, the first grader down the street was starting to get pissed off at me for asking him to help me do computer stuff!!!

I think they did a pretty fair job, I do know there is some good stuff on the cutting room floor like when I passed them going 75, they were not expecting that.
The news man Andy Fales and the camera man were out here for about 2&1/2 hours and I was able to show most of the process. Of corse it had to be cut down, I hate that the two mentions of DOW got cut but it is on the heading so there may be a bump from piece.

They do make it hard because they don’t know that some things need to be done in a timely manner, when it’s time for me todo something like adjust intake air or whatever it may be they want to change camera setup or whatever. But all in all it was a very fun time for me and Andy also said it was really fun for him!!!

Thanks Wayne for your awesome burntube and preheat and the list goes on. Thanks to all of you guys out there for making it fun to kick ideas around and being able to share ideas and feeling like part of the coolest hobbie, sport, whatever this is. With all the troubles this old USA is trying to deal with DOW brings a comforting knowing that “we” won’t be completely screwed if things do go to hell in a hand basket. Latter, herb

PS; Sometimes I think it would be a good idea to get in the hand basket business !!!

Wanted to add a Thanks to Carl for that coment!

Nice having tv celebrities on the Dow website to visit with…lol. Herb that was a nice segment on your local news channel. Bet you had a blast. Bet you was smiling ear to ear when you passed them back. I went to the scrap yard the other day in the Dakota with my grandson Ty, ( Coleton was the one that went to Argo’s with us), and it seems like everywhere we went someone ask how the truck we was doing. He got in the truck when we was leaving the scrap yard and he said…poppy your famous, everybody likes your truck. I think showing it off is almost as much fun as driving it, (Almost). Good to see you doing well Herb.

Gary

Ya I really enjoyed doing that story, they were more interested in doing a good story then how it works, at first they thought the gasifier hooked up to the wheels and made it go somehow!!! I had a good time with them over that, it was fun!!

After they passed me on the 4 lane I wanted to pass them back so bad, there was a 18wheeler to my left rear with barely enough room for me to pull out to pass but I’m glad I did, I could see the camera man in the back of there news car move over to the left side with his big camera and hang it out the rear window, the old Caddy was really singing a song, I was going about 70 to 75 at that point, I’m running a straight pipe that ends on right side right in front of the rear wheel. It had kicked down a gear or two because I was standing on it pretty hard. That would have made good video but it got cut, goes without saying those guys aren’t gear heads like a lot of us are, o we’ll, still a great time!!!

Herb,
That was fantastic! Just telling it like it is. Ya, ya never know what they will actually show in their news piece but hey its still good pr for all of us gas-in-ators.

Agreed with the woodgas promotion congratulations.
Using that late, late 20th century Caddy to keep up handily with 21st century traffic . . . and the picked up on, and highlighted out statement. “Works better with fuel injection.”, makes woodgas use TODAY! real world relevant. NOT just a historic, once-was.
YOU DID get these two head-turner points left in HerbB
Regards
Steve Unruh

Great job Herb. I liked how you mentioned the amount of work put in. No free rides, you pay one way or the other.

Marvin

Great job Herb
Keep the flag flying
Patrick

Great job Herb, Really wish we had gotten to here that Caddy sing!

I like that Wes, gas-in-ators, that fits us pretty good!

Steve, thanks for pointing out there are two points that did come across. I hadn’t picked up on that until I read your post again.

You are right Marvin, we pay one way or another but it is very satisfying not having to pay at the pump isn’t it. I’m headed your way again Monday AM.

Thanks Patrick, are you going to be feeding your monster again pretty soon I hope, I really like reading about your progress.

Yeah Jim I wanted to see and hear the Caddy sing so bad I called Andy Fales today to see if I could get cut footage but he said they have recorded over it, so I guess we are out of luck on that.

Yes it is Herb. We can pay when and how we choose. Good luck in Nashville. Marvin

That was really good!
Probably one of the best reports I’ve seen.
I wonder if they would give you access to the unused footage?
Good stuff!
Chris, thanks for the upload!
TerryL

Herb, you’re a Youtube phenomenon. At 48 hours you’ve got well over 2,000 views.

Yeah Terry that reporter, Andy Fales, is a well liked special story news guy around here and both he and the camera man did a real nice job. As for any left over cuts I checked hoping but they have already recorded over, darn!!!

Wow that’s great news Chris, is DOW seeing a bump?