Wood Powered Caddy

Thats a shame…
When ya get the Limo done, I’m sure you’ll get a follow up story from them, get em to dump the data on a usb drive…
Holy Smokes… Huffington Post!
Gonna have to get your autograph soon, while I still can!
Good on ya Herb, That is one of the coolest rides around.
TerryL

Good work Herb!!!

BBB

OK Herb, you’re now an international sensation! About 2,000 of the views on your video were from Slovakia, due to this site:

Herb, I think Terry’s right, you have one of the coolest rides. Trucks don’t always fit in people’s desired vehicle list, but a Caddy does. Who wouldn’t want a Caddy? Especially one that doesn’t use gas?

You add class to wood gas.

Way to go Herb. I got to get over and look that Caddy over as you are only about 2 1/2hrs from me. Hope all goes well in Nashville. Again great job
Tom

But I will still give you my autograph Terry, good one!
Of course you will have to pay!!!

I do wish I could have gotten the left overs! O well I need to get over that.

Wayne and Chris thanks for keeping us/me up to date on who had picked it up, what is the huffington post, national paper? Now how do you suppose it made its way to Slovakia?
Somebody said they talked about it on the Bob and Tom national radio show, thats 5m listeners. It was also in the Omaha Sun Times, daughter sent me that on, it was just a still pic and a few words.
Sounds like it got some pretty good mileage. Don’t worry I will still talk to you guys, of course you will have to make an appointment!!! Couldn’t resist!!

Hi Herb, I hope I get to see your video some day. I drove to the Rendevous in Praire Du Chien today with a neighbor … Truck ran great (60 miles each way) … I was re-filling the hopper in a rest area with smoke a rolling and then flames whipping out and the State Patrol pulled in along side of me and didn’t pay any attention at all … He hung out for 5 or 10 minutes and made my friend a bit nervous and then went after a speeder … I had to wait for him to leave so I could take a pee which was the main reason I stopped … Then caught some good music in Mineral Point and then went to play violin with my gang of musicians … Long day zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz … Mike

I’m already to late! It’s gone to his head :slight_smile:
TerryL

Well that was a good time!! And it’s been a big week for the Caddy, Woodwards “friends & neighbors” day was yesterday so lots of people in town. Gave rides most of the day!
Late afternoon my Engineer friend Ray Cramond came over, he is the man that said to me about 10 years ago “ICE will run off of wood smoke”. Ever since then I have been working with it, then I found DOW about 2 years ago and the rest of it is history, any credit I have gotten I give right back to DOW. I did learn a lot on my own and I had lots of fun with my little wood powered ford festiva but I didn’t know what really makes these things “tick” until I became a premium member of DOW and got a look at Wayne’s burntube and preheat and lots of other things.
To any of you out there that have been wanting to build a wood machine the BEST investment you can make is a Premium membership to DOW.
PS There were two guys that heard about the Caddy on the news and drove 4 hours to come to see it Sat, there IS a lot of interest in woodgas!!!

Good Morning Herb.

Thanks much for all the nice words , We all are very proud of you .

The DOW site is kinda like helping you build a bicycle, helping you up on it and giving you a gentle push .

Now you have a lot to learn that is hard to explain or be thought in words , pictures and videos ( the other 75% ) and you are doing a great job with it !!

I have been at this for a while now and learning little tricks daily .

SWEM
Wayne

Yeah like Carl put it one time the 75 percent seems like 175 percent sometimes, the Caddy still fools me sometimes but I am getting a better handle on it all the time.

I had so much fun giving rides all day Sat, I had it in the parade last year but put a sign on it this year and I ran it till I was out of wood giving rides.

One guy said I’ll pay you what ever you want just for a ride around the block!
I considered that such a compliment I said keep your money get in let’s go!!!

Herb,
Sounds your SWEM lasted even after the car was parked. What a good feeling that must be.

Onward and upward Herb,

You are doing it right!

Congratulations,
Al

Hello Herb,

I took a quick trip to Cullman Al ( 130 mile round trip ) this afternoon to a tractor supply for a part for my John Deere. I pulled right up to the front of the building with all glass and in plain sight of all in the parts department. No one paid any attention but as I was leaving I open the hopper to add wood and the three men behind the parts counter came out with their phones to take pictures .

I mention the truck runs on wood and one man said " you aint gona believe this but last week I saw a Caddy with one of these (gasifiers ) on the back "!!!

I said I do believe it and I bet the Caddy was red and the fellow driving was smiling . " Yep "

Great story Wayne!
Now we have two celebrities on this site.

You should have said “yeah I taught the kid everything he knows”
How does a story get around like that? A radio show from Davenport Ia. called wanting to do a “Live Radio Show interview” sometime this week.
My Wife’s cousins husband in crentral Mo. said he had watched the story on Fox News web site [tried to find it but already down]
My daughter is hunting down “sound” from The Bob & Tom Radio show, I guess they talked about it for about 15 minutes last wed in a very positive lite I heard!
It was in the Omaha Sun Times sometime last week
I am just happy I was able to do something to get the word out a little bit more!

But we will still talk to the “little people” won’t we Wayne!!!

Herb,
I had a guy at work tell me he saw an AOL headline news story of a guy with a caddy and gasifier. He couldnt remember the details like name or from where he was from so I filled him in on the details. Just think it wont be long now when people here the name “Herbie” they wont be thinking of a VW bug but a maroon gasified caddy :slight_smile:

http://wsfl.com/2014/06/13/iowa-mans-cadillac-burns-wood-to-burn-rubber/

http://dailymail.org.uk/news/1248825/Iowa-man’s-Cadillac-runs-on-wood.html#.U6JaJe8g_mQ
http://keilany.com/2014/06/iowa-mans-cadillac-burns-wood-to-burn-rubber/

OK Herb, your taking over the internet.

Can I get your autograph Herb?
Wow, look at what Marvin dug up. It being a Caddy makes all the difference. That and it looks and runs really good.

Good Morning Herb .

I hung around inside this morning to watch Good Morning America expecting you to be featured but to my disappointment you were edged out by The Secretary of State , The president and the middle east conflict .