Wood Powered Caddy

Wow Marvin, you came up with one heck of a list, I still haven’t looked at them all! Thanks for listing them!!!
Another Radio station out of Des Moines wants to do a “live radio interview” so far I have had to push them off because of my situation right now.
Thanks Bill for the compliments on the Caddy and I think you are right, there are a lot of nice gasified vehicles out there now but Cadillac has always carried that certain “quality” thing that I think a lot of people equate with even if it may not always deserve it.
Wayne wouldn’t that be nice if that was the kind of news we heard about on the national early morning news shows?
I like that Wes I think I will start calling the wood powered caddy “Herbie” as a matter of fact I have always liked it when people call me Herbie.

Herb, You built it compact enough that it could actually sit on the back of that rig and move it along at highway speeds. Don’t tell anyone about the air shocks :o) … The symetry of it is your baby. I have run 2 gasifiers in parallel with a mixing valve but never split a system in 2 like you have …
Good luck with your tests. Hope to see you one of these days on your turf when you get home and get your energy back … Mike L

Hi Herb
Good luck with the oil change, hope they do a good job. I can send you some weed, it helps get the appetite back with all the kemo and meds !
Good luck
Patrick

Herb,
best wishes and prayers for you and your recovery.
I will be anticipating more videos from you when this all in the past.

Hey Mike, yeah my whole goal was to keep it little and lite but not go under Wayne’s proven sq in needed for cooling and filtering, somehow I ended up with those sq in needed on BOTH SIDES! Not real sure how I did that but that gave the Caddy (Herbie) twice the cooling and filtering as the proven WK. I don’t have anything to compare it to but it has good top end. Drag racing most of my life I know flow = performance, by pulling out of both sides of gasifier with 8" outlets, going into those big loop coolers, dumping into those 9x18" hay filters there isn’t any restriction until gas hits the 2" vacumun hoses leaving hay filters on each side, often wonder if I should have went with two 2" vac hoses on each side? Remenber each side is only carrying half of the gas so it is going thur there half as fast, giving it twice the time to cool and filter!!! Drag racing has made me a flow nut, there are no 90degree corners, everything is rounded, I have learned the machine that flows the best crosses the finish line first. I am only persuming that woodgas is the same, I am guessing it is more true because woodgas is so moister laden and therefore havier making it even harder to “flow”
As far as air shocks they are stock caddy I mean Herbie. I just cut them off from factory compressor and put air blow up adapters on them, takes about 130 lbs to make the Caddy i mean Herbie level out.
I know trailers have there advanages but what is the differance between a trailer and one of these front wheel drive rear axle cars? That’s all it really is, the rear axle just carrys the rear end of the car around, may as well put it to work!!!
Patric my friend if it helps please send it!!!
Bill thank you I will be so glad when this is over!!!

I caught this old Caddy at a rest area driving down to Nashville and this Stainless Steel piece of art is outside our motel room, think I may take it when I leave and use it for a cooler or something!!! The other pic is just me and my wife!!!
Can you tell I have time on my hands?

Hi Herb, Glad you are OK and gave your car the name Herbie (Beep ?) … My 2.2 L truck runs fine on a single 2" tube that I bought to use with a 5HP water pump during one of our droughts. I had to cut the stock fittings off as they were 1.5" ID … I’m sure I would be able to do another 5 mph if I had 3" pipe but I already can overpull on the gasifier with the 2" … You have a 4.9L so are probably sized just fine with the pair of 2" . I just wanted to comment that not all FWD cars can handle a system like that in the back. I have had my share of broken stabelizer bars and the such … A cadilac is a bit different than most of the other cars. Of course a trailer is literally a pain in the ars but if I need the car, I can just take it off and plug the tube and use the dreaded liquid … :o) … Mike L

LOL

Thanks for the pic of you and your wife . Be sure to bring her along to the next Argos event and when Chris and Mike starts their music I’m sure she will fit right in .

Herb, you old devil! I see where you got your hand in that second picture:-)

Doing that to Dolly wasn’t very nice of me, she is such a sweetheart. I heard on the local news that she has put her house up for sale here in Nashville. I have always admired her, married to the same man for 40 some years, lived in the same house for 30 some, what a Woman!

I also didn’t do the sculpture outside the motel justice, it is a very nice piece of work! It shows what a good metal fab man can do with SS, I have been talking to the valet about it, he said there is only one other one in the world and it’s owned by the same outfit that owns this motel, sweet!!!

Will be a few min before I can post pic, I am on motel computor and need to load pic from my Iphone.Probably don’t have to but only way I know how!!!

Would someone please turn them for me, thanks

Fixed for you Herb.

BTW You should be able to use the hotels internet on your phone. Ask at the desk for the wifi password.

Took pics while news guys were out but here they are!!!

Say Herb, Did you get a new set of plates for the car or just move your front one to the rear ??? Mike

Good eye to pick up on that. Yeah the old plate got to where you couldn’t make out the numbers, my new WODPWED personalized plate hadnt arrived so I took the one off the front, pealed the sticker off the scorched one, put it on the unscorched one and made a holder that holds it out about an inch. When it was scorched a little bit I thought it looked kind of cool in a warped kind of way but as it got more scorched it got just plain ugly!!!

Finally got my personalized plate and I found this decorative frame with a brake light and tag light built in, the Caddy can use a little more light back there. Made new bracket / tag holder, holds it out away about 1", I put several layers of thin alum between tag holder and gasifier to protect it from heat, I hope it does the job, I think it will!!!

Update on cancer battle;
I need another test (biopsy) and Nashville VA couldn’t do it till July 8th so I came home, 750 miles each way. I need to leave here Sunday to be back tue morn. Got a little over a week home, they wanted me to wait there but I told them " see you latter I will be back the 8th "and drove home, I like being home so I can play with my toys!!!

I like it Herb !! Youda Man !!

Herb, Welcome HOME … Enjoy your vacation from the friggin hospitals !!! Most doctors are on vacation this week anyway. I like your plates. Mike

I am just wondering, would I be better off cracking the filters open or leaving them sealed up for the time I’ll be gone? It’s going to be 6-8 weeks, I just cleaned, oiled up walls and put new hay in them about three weeks ago but didn’t know which way they would keep the best. I do know with those alum lids on there they really get hot and with the moister will probably mold in there, how will I have the least damage? I can crack them top and bottom so a little air will flow up thur or just keep them sealed…

Did you run the system after cleaning and oiling it? If not I’d say you’re OK.

Wet hay does decompose when the system is not in use. But you won’t be adding moisture if the system is shut down.

I’ve ran it 4-5 times since I serviced filters