Wood Powered Caddy

Herb how about Jay Leno ?
Just from watching tv here he looks like he may possibly buy a one of a kind vehicle !

Yes some powerful stuff in that series, you can find the whole 11 episodes on you tube if you search.

Thanks Patrick

I will plan on getting ahold of ā€œJays Garageā€ thereā€™s got to be thousands of collectors, how could I send them info on the Caddy?
. Thereā€™s the special car auction, I donā€™t know where but Iā€™ve always thought auctions were the best fairest way of selling!

I think I am going to buy the 95 fleet wood limo when I get out of here, but I want Steve U opinion on running wood gas thru that LT1, Marvin posted some good info on timing, did you get acquainted with those in your working career? Do you think the computer would handle the timing? Thanks

Just wanted to stay in the loop so Iā€™m posting reruns, this one is of the spitter, you guys that donā€™t have a way to chunk, split fuel all you need is a chain saw and something like this, itā€™s all made out of stuff from my junk, donā€™t even need an expensive motor, this is just a one horse 110v and it handles it just fine, like I say I didnā€™t put out any money for it!

Shot with hat cam!!!

Herb, I hope you get out of jail soon and get to go home ā€¦ They are talking snow accumulation on Monday here echhhhhhhhhhhh ā€¦ Mike

This is day 19 and I can leave on day 30 unless I get some time off for good behavior, doing better everyday, went out for a drive today, not much fun cause I have to wear a mask anytime out of room, O well!

Herb, Wear that mask and if you shake anyoneā€™s hand be sure to wash you hands at the very first opportunity and DO NOT stick your fingers in your nose !!! Looking forward to meeting you this late fall ā€¦ Iā€™ll bring the new gasifier unless it explodes ā€¦ Mike

I want to build a splitter just like yours when as soon as I get the time. It reminds me of stuff we saw in VN. Out on Rt 1 where I was in II Corps there was a guy who would come out of nowhere and throw sheets of metal roofing on the road in front of a deuce and a half to try to straighten them out. Heā€™d then run back and hide. Hope he made it ok. Theyā€™d take our bud and coke cans and string them into banners with the name of their town.
Passed through Cam Ranh Bay on my way back to the world in July 71 and was there a couple other times. I was amazed how white the sand on the beach was.
Take careā€¦

herb I love the splitter I think I will be putting the other sprocket to use on my dozer chunker do limbs on one side and patties on the other that should take care of all wood size problems . I like how little fines you get doing it that way clean chunks nice thanks for the video hope your feeling better.

Cam Ranh Bay is a very pretty place, like you said the whitest sand and the most beautiful turquoise water I have ever seen, I have always thought it would be a tourist destination some day, guess not!

Hi Herb, Good to hear from you. Donā€™t forget to wash your hands when you shake some one elseā€™s ā€¦ Forget the soap !!! Everyone else uses the soap and the sink handles ā€¦ Just hot water with an elbow and wipe it on your shirt unless they have auto, no touch towel dispensers ā€¦ Iā€™ve been through this (no immune system) for years but not at your level. Iā€™ve got my new gasifier all rigged up but it is 16 degrees here right now and snowing ā€¦ Nothing accumulating but just a reminder ā€¦ I took on another new job today ā€¦ 150 acres ā€¦ I hope the real snow holds off this year :o) ā€¦ Cut a truck load of wood this afternoon so Iā€™m still healing ā€¦ Have to split it before loading ā€¦ Wish me luck ā€¦ Electric chain saw is OK ā€¦ It ran out of poop after a lot of 13" diameter black locust cuts. But, I couldnā€™t start any of my gasoline saws. Guess I better move them into the 45 degree trailer. I donā€™t have elbows to pull the cords fast enough yet ā€¦ They both tried to fire ā€¦ Mike

How did I miss your dozer chunker? Put up a pic of it will you, you got me thinking Big D 9 with a blade sliding along tightly held logs sticking out about 3 ins. Never could see why someone would want to cut wood with the grain and then chunk it against the grain!!! Of course if you have sawmill waste it makes perfect sense, if you donā€™t itā€™s ass-a-nine backwards !!!

herb this is a little dozer teratrac I believe. I have a lot of limb wood and also get mill scrap to chunk up on one side and your method gave me an idea to use the other sprocket to do what you have .

Looks like a pretty mean machine!!! Does it chunk pretty good? Do you run in low gear and lock the other side?

Iā€™m leaving here tomorrow for home!!!

Safe trip home Herb. ā€¦ Catch you some warm spell ā€¦ The roads are already loaded with salt ā€¦ My 98 hasnā€™t seen any yet but the black truck is coated ā€¦ Mike

glad to hear you your on your way home thatā€™s gota feel good .and yes it does chunk pretty good 1st and 2nd but I mainly use 1st and that is with the otherside locked and this thing just idils .

I had to post a rerun!

Going north this time of year might not be a good thing for most of us but in your case we all are smiling with you . :slight_smile:

Visitors today ask about some of the high lights of the dow projects . I mention your Caddy and your intent to convert a Lemo .

BBB

and glad to hear it. Enjoy the return to DOW!

After 52 days of being gone from home we sooo anxious to get home Donna and I took turns driving until we got home Tueday after my LAST doctors appointment, 700 miles in 12 hrs. Had to forget about getting the Limo this trip, called the owner and heā€™s got it in a garage for the winter so that gives me some time to shake the drugs and make sure a limo is a smart thing to do, Iā€™m am pretty sure Iā€™m going to but of course lots of steps before I need a car, I do have a couple of nice barrels. Need to check with the restaurant owner down town about giving rides but I think with a little advertising I could soon have enough parties that wanted to take a ride in a Wood Powered Cadillac limo sure would be fun anyhow!!!

Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound Herb. I wish you good health.