Wood supply

Is that an owl? :hushed:

1 Like

Yes it is Mike, but it’s a plastic one.

2 Likes

Hi Wayne K at leaste there are not so many rattlers this time of year. The good lord made are human anatomys too addjust too the climate that were in, though it takes a toll some times through the changeing temps.Happy farming/ Dowing.

3 Likes

Maybe you boys could give me a 2-3 minute warning before yall throw up one of those snow picture and I would have time to slip on a coat before looking !!

9 Likes

Your humor cant be beat Wayne! rather cut wood in the cold weather than the warm weather There are some advantages

5 Likes

Hey Dan,
We’re scheduled for a foot or so from the same front. I surely would
like someone to take it.

2 Likes

Me to I think Wayne needs it more then us it looks like summer down there definitely not right for this time of year he is really missing out on the Joy’s of winter.

4 Likes

Good morning Mr. Dan .

Wayne needs a whole lot of things but snow is not on the list :grinning:

8 Likes

How about a plastic owl?? :rofl: Kevin has one! (Kevin, you cracked me up!!)

3 Likes

The plastic owls are supposed to keep something out of your yard I forget what but it is like having a scarecrow. I never bothered with either.

4 Likes

My daughter put big rubber snakes in her flower garden and then laughed when her dad went tip towing threw the tulips when he saw one and thought it was real. As some body once said I don’t get no respect at all.

5 Likes

Easy on the cracking up now, I try too laff alone. Since i live in Mi there are no rattlers here much other than the real snakes they brought up from southern indiana area for a rattle snake cage snake showing. The guys outfit was called snakes alive or something along that line, then one time he was showing snakes in the moble cages he used, he got bit and died after his anti venom was faulty.I think some rattlers wood make good bio wood gas combo.

2 Likes

Kevin I live in mi too. We always had the little pigmey rattlers and timber rattlers here but there not aggressive so you hardly ever see one.If you go up on the Manistee or Au Sable rivers and look for them you might find one.Or lake margarette by Grayling I hear has a lot of them.I’ m not going to go looking for them and I sure dont want to see any of them.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the heads up, i gess i am liveing under a rock for knollege at times. My older brother mike been telling me there were rattlers in our state, The one time i googled it said they were not in Mi , such short summers cause for not too many siteings i supose maybe. Then the farming cemicles and factorys around central ml eliminated most snake spiecies or nearly.

2 Likes

Rattlesnakes can be pretty far north. We have then here in NH but you never see them unless your hanging out in the old quarries. My grandfather always told about people working in Redstone Granite quarry comming across them from time to time. He claimed they depended on the warmth in the stone to get through the winter. I didn’t understand it but apparently they where a big spring time problem.

2 Likes

Thats interesting facts, i regoogled mi rattlers and we have them or only one type i caint pernounce, most toxic rattler but rarely seen and rarely inject much venom if any, as they try too reserve there venom.

2 Likes

The legendary cacascabél of México…

Rattlers range as far north historically as southern Ontario, and southwestern Saskatchewan and interior BC. Roughly the same range as black widow spiders. With global warming I expect they are now extending range as far as they can move from year to year. I expect in my lifetime to see them into south west Manitoba.

2 Likes

Rodney Dangerfield is the “I don’t get any respect” funny man.

1 Like

I gess they are around in certain places her in lower michigan, though i have looked for them, never seen one in 59 years. The marine core is training for servival, drinking raw cobra blood, prepareing large spiders and scorpians for dinner. Tough freeken job.

3 Likes

Pepe I wonder if Rodney Dangerfield is still around as I havent seen him in a long while.It seems like the news media is doing all the comedy acts now LoL.

3 Likes