Woodgas Fuel Characteristics Inside an Internal Combustion Piston Engine

Hello Kristijan

Thanks a bunch for the video .

Yes this guy is smart and he is talking a lot smarter than I am able to listen :joy:

I just know today I dumped some wood in the old work truck and drove about 40 miles mostly in some heavy traffic and had not a single vehicle to pass me . I did this before I heard the talk or read the stuff on his board :grinning:

I guess my point is we don’t have to be able to know the fine points of what is happening as long as we know how to make it happen :grinning:

14 Likes

Yes Mr wayne, l agree. I have been blessed to have shared more thain a few miles with you, fast ones too.

Yes, a smart man doesent overthink and overcomplicate things, if not nessesery. Unfortunaly in my case, it kinda is. You can fit 4 and a half of my Škoda engines in one of your Dakotas, while living on a mountain… now thats a woodgasers problem… whatever more hamster power l can harvest, make a difference. Huge difference.

Per instance. When l woodgased the Škoda with a stock engine, top speed was just about 40mph. Thats insufficiant. And it took quite some work and effort to hunt out enaugh hamsters for a sufficiant resault. Now l can get it up to 55-60, wich is sufficiant. Its understanding things like that in the video that contribute. And not to mention excelent expertees from members here

11 Likes

I got too study that vidio a little while, though higher compresson pistons would be my gess, too pick up extra HP. In the end you will most likely be much better at miles per pound of wood, So thats worth the extra effort, you must be getting about 1.5 or 2 miles per pound on your smaller 4 cyl cars.??

4 Likes

Hadnt realy measured on the Škoda and since l burn wet charcoal, the weighing isnt realy fair.

But yes, with charcoal 2 miles per pound seems about right.

7 Likes

Yes Kristijan

Great times that will never be forgotten . I wish we could do it again :blush:

Totally agree with your comment . My reply was to hopefully keep any new member from being intimidated by the science .

Hey , if I can do it anybody can :grinning:

11 Likes

Also anything you can do to reduce pumping losses will allow you to put more power to the wheels…
By pumping losses I mean the effort to pull on the gas and filter plant, and to a lesser extent the energy expended to push spent gases out of the exhaust

5 Likes

In that case, l fully agree. Not the part of you smallering your excelent mind ofcorse :smile:

There will come a time we will drive together again. The corona nonesence seem to run its corse, for one thing.

Maybe l will manage to preswade Tone to join in, and JO, if l manage to strip them away from all the fun they are having lately :smile:

10 Likes

Sign me up if you’re going, i always wanted to see some of the big country, meeting other “woodgassers” should make the trip fantastic :smiley:

8 Likes

Sounds like another international wood gas meet up may be coming in the future.

9 Likes

Ha, that would be fun - a slovenian/swedish woodgas gang invading the states. Anyone know someone with a boat big enough for a couple woodgas vehicles + a few cords of wood? :smile:

7 Likes

I’ve always wondered.
I see camper vans all the time with plates from the EU.
How did they get that thing here?

4 Likes

Is there a bridge I’m not aware of? :smile:
On that note - in the 70s and 80s a US couple used to spend the summers in our village. Their VW Beetle with NY plates stayed put over here all these years and that way avoided swedish inspection. :smile: I don’t recall ever seeing US plates on the road ever since. Ferry trip with a vehicle across the pond probably cost s fortune.

4 Likes

With your and Kristijan working skills yall could come over a day or two early and have something built to drive :joy:

7 Likes

That would be doable, don’t you think @KristijanL ? :rofl:

6 Likes

Just drive your truck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think with a 5000 dollar budget they could definitely do it :joy:.

Just long enough to get a 30 day tag and sell it off.

2 Likes

You had 1 too many zero’s You have to make it a bit of a challenge. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m accounting for the insane used truck prices :grin:

Clunkers are going up in price and I’m seething over it.

I expected the gas hogs to get sold left and right and I’d be swimming in V8 Sedans by now.

2 Likes

I figured they could just run one of those ‘buying scrap cars and trucks’ and ‘pickup used metal for free’ ads on craigslist or marketplace. I don’t ever recall ‘road legal’ ever being mentioned. :rofl:

2 Likes

You’re actually not far off the mark for NC standards. If you get it tagged all you need is insurance and pay property tax on it.

At least until next year if it’s under 30 years old and then it needs inspection.

Buy it with a title, tag it and you’re golden for the year.