Woodgas videos from around the world

Got caught by youtube. I find this Russian video rather funny. I wonder what inspection would say about this rig :smile:

13 Likes

just in case you had not seen this one yet the worlds oldest wood gas car ( so they say )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGKJTsEbDM

4 Likes

Thanks Dave and Brian .

I was able to find this article

Edit another video .

9 Likes

That was a fun video.

See, music makes all the difference Wayne.

I loved the series of expressions on that guy’s face in the pictures. All the wood-gas-faces:

1.Scratching his head being perplexed,
2.being relieved when he figured it out,
3. SWEM.

2 Likes

A quite nice one from Ukraine. No clue what they are talking about though. But it looks that he is SWEM-ing, too :wink:

Stealth gasifier on charcoal.

Hope you find it useful.

9 Likes

Hello everyone,
just found by coincidence a video from the soviet railways. It is dated 1955. It looks like it is about an exhibition about newest railway equipment (locomotives, rolling stock, track maintenance and so on). From about 11:40 to 13:00 there is a medium sized motor locomotive with a gas-generator. It can be clearly seen that it is an updraft coal-gasifier with added steam.
I can’t understand what they say, but maybe @KristijanL?
I have only seen pictures of small shunting engines during WWII with gasifiers, never this size.
Maybe you will find it interesting.

Regards,
Til
5 Likes

Hi…!!!
What I can see is that it´s a COAL gasifier with a continuos feeder of coal. I don´t speak russian, but you can see it in the film and in the animation.

4 Likes

Hi ALL, this is linked three posts up to a woodgas and a charcoal gas converted vehicle systems that member Tilman put up.
Russian languages both.

You can now view those close captioned translated into the language of your choice.

Once playing bottom sweep to visible open up the lower edge tool bar.
Click on the CC closed captions.
Then open up the Gear shaped settings tool icon.
Select Auto translate
Click open on the right hand side of the Subtitles/CC line just past the current setting word Russian.
May get an auto translate you have to click enabled again.
Then you will have a long languages selection scroll to choose from.
Select and read on in the language of your choice.

Enjoy these videos then.
Regards
Steve unruh

Ha! Ha! Works to put English language videos into read along Slovenian, French, Swedish, and others too.

5 Likes

Here is a nice woodgas video from earlier this year if you all haven’t seen it already. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GeyFnEgeP0

7 Likes

Stainless steel must be free over there. Nice setups

5 Likes