Woodrunner chevy

Hi all, I thought i should start a new thread about the progress of resurecting my woodgas Chevrolet.
Im going to post som pic’s and thoughts along the process.
If im posting this wrong or something, please correct me.

Sometimes i over-complicate things, this is view over the igniter and some “electronics”.

Start-up “chimney”.

Filter from above, the lid is from a BIG potato cooker, from a commercial kitchen :grinning:

Filter from above.

I probably should have cleaned this more often :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
More to come, /Göran

18 Likes

Ok, so i did some attempts to lift off the gasifier for inspection, many bolts have rusted so i had to grind them off, anyway the gasifier DIDN’T came of, after a little investigation i remembered 2 bolts hiding between gasifier and the old condensation tank :laughing: embarassing to not remember your own constructions.
Anyway, there is a new day tomorrow, going to cut down the condensation tank and remowe the bolts.

Lid for the filter, here is the same type sealing strip as Jan asked about in an other thread.

Wife showing off :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

We at least she has a sense of humor about your re-association with your woodgas love.
Many of our wives come to hate our “mistresses”.

And your wife seems to have learned well woodgas working colors. Dark. Dark. Soots colored.
Regards
Steve Unruh

11 Likes

Thank you Steve, yes she is very “understanding” and accepts many of my crazy ideas.
She had even drove the truck on wood a couple of times.

12 Likes

Göran, you certainly managed to collect a lot of shiny stuff. If only things weren’t so busy all the time I would have been down there in no time to check things out. Looking forward to this thread.

8 Likes

She is 1 in billion on DOW! WOW! Tale her congratulations on that achievement. There is not many women who can DOW.
Bob

8 Likes

I like the auto ignite flair stack that’s a nice touch

7 Likes

OH So many questions. I think I will just wait and see if some aren’t answered in the future postings which I am looking forward to. TomC

7 Likes

I was thinking the same thing Tom! Don’t want to explode the thread to quick with questions

5 Likes

Thanks Bob, yes i asked her if i get the truck up and running, i could film her driving, she didn’t look to positive about it? :laughing:

7 Likes

Thanks, i cant pass a scrap dumpster without diving into it

:laughing:
It’s same here with time, but it would be fun to meet up and check out each others builds.

7 Likes

Thanks, i actually seen a igniter like this on a woodgas Mercedes many years ago and liked it, build one myself, the electrodes is from a oil-burner from an old boiler, connected with spark plug wire to an old coil from a Webasto diesel heater.
To complicate it some more i control it with a remote from an old truck loading ramp, it is very fun to have when leaving the truck at a supermarket parking lot for example, when curios people check out the truck :grinning:

8 Likes

Please feel free to ask, Tom, not to many questions at the same time, then i probably forget to answer some :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

Talking cold weather gear! Been years since I seen a webasto, don’t hear about them anymore unless you see a far north Canadian trucker like I talked about in the Detroit thread a few weeks ago. They still run them up there. I recognized the ignitor from a oil burner since I had my shop heater torn apart last week trying to get the ignitor system to work :rofl:

6 Likes

I could belive that, here in cold Sweden they are common, especially as i worked with heavy trucks before, this particular coil came from a Webasto from a bus, heating effect 40kw, almost the double from my house boiler :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Your filter looks like some kind of mutant turkey on a thanksgiving dinner table.

DOW is a dirty business. I don’t think it’s ever going to appeal to the ladies. Takes Grannies lye soap to get the black off your hands and the cuticles and under the nails are a lost cause.

8 Likes

A slave to the cleaning cleaning cleaning that’s for sure! Still beats the heck out of the 120$ the pump shuts off at…for not even a full tank of fuel

8 Likes

Ad for paper bags, specially made for woodchunks or charcoal, 1940.
:blush:

14 Likes

I wish I could find a supplier for a specific kind of bag. My mother buys bulk dogfood from Sam’s Club and the bags come with zippers. Very sturdy, feels like it’s 3 layers, solid poly then woven then another solid on the outside.

I have 3 of these bags saved up but I’d like to order a few.

6 Likes

Well let her know she will be famous on DOW .
Bob

6 Likes