Yueqing Reliable Inverter Adventures

Thought I would start a Topic about my adventures into a good size pure sine wave inverter. Mainly about collecting information for future repairs. Below is the first video.

Cheers . . .

https://youtu.be/63qKcza_OaY

8 Likes

I bought one for 36v XYZ INVT 3000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter 36V DC to 120V AC for Car RV Home Use

I try to only use 2/3 of the rated power of the device, I use this inverter for mild loads, then I use my other inverter for the heavy duty loads at 24V.

I did burn out the fuses in mine when I ran microwave and ac at the same time replaced and back online, but I don’t want to do that again… Learned my lesson.

3 Likes

Very interesting video. What kind of tool is that to connect that cable? Better then soldering and to buy another plier that size is too much. Thanks very interesting.

For my powerpallet I bought a cheap 4 kVA inverter, recently for the RV I decided to go for a Victron. The last one is very expensive but it is crazy what you can do with it. Almost everything except flying.

But as with all tools, they can be broken and next how to fix them?

You can go off grid with this stuff, get more independent from the big companies, but you get more dependent from your machinery. So, it is important that you are able to fix them. Thanks.

What a crazy journey this is for me, but it is coming together, slow, very slow.

5 Likes

Thanks Jeff. I recently spent a small chunk of change buying a dozen #3 lugs. Never thought about making them myself and now I’m kicking myself in the ass. Making work arounds is my main thing.

3 Likes

It is close to this one but there are others:

I am happy to see interest in this subject. :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks, I am very interested in this subject. Just the other day we ordered some prismatic LiFePo4, no spotwelding anymore, all bolds and nuts. For my powerpallet I soldered connections, took a very long time compared to this. So thanks, just the right time to give this tip.

I came across this inverter, YouTube. Nice thing for the money, but not quite suitable for my purpose.
For me, reliability is the most important thing. I am suffering from an energy-tic now for the last years and since the arival of the EV there is room for independance. Everything is ok with my tic as long as the thermostat in the house can be used, the switches for the lights, no thinking about the airfrier (with three puberty-children this one is making overtime), dishwasher, washingmachine, oven, Quooker, plasmacutter, compressor, charching EV. So, I am allowed to do what I want as long as things can be used the same as now.

I cannot send my wife on the road with a woodgas car, but it is possible now to charge the batteries with woodgas.

8 Likes

Added a second video. I should have said “60Hz” not “62Hz” in the video.

I’ll be missing for about a week, after today. Treatment week. I normally check in from time to time, but no energy to reply.

https://youtu.be/Hf7-sCLLaak

8 Likes

Thanks for the video Jeff.
I will be praying that this treatments gets all the cancer for good. For YEHOVAH’s Name sake. And many prayers for a speedy recovery and strength back into your body in Yeshua’s The Word Name. You have lots of things to do in your life for the world of gasification. You just can’t keep a good charcoal gasifer man down. Amen.
Bob

5 Likes

Many thanks Bob !

A few scope screen shots.

Below, Probe on Black wire, probe ground on white wire. In other words, this is how the 120Vac output ends up looking:

Below, probe ground is on ground, one probe on the black wire and one probe on the white wire. This is what is going on with the black and white wire, split-phase (I think). This is why the white wire can not be grounded. Short circuit.

Below is just a zoomed in view of the nice 120Vac output wave form. With my drill press running, the output stays about the same.

6 Likes

Next rushed video:
I should of said “Part 3”.
https://youtu.be/XY4zF3i8qhw

Below is the MOSFET test document:

Beginning to think, in order to have true inverter independence, an open source inverter needs to be developed. The is a lot of information out here. Shouldn’t be more difficult than a gasifier and winter is around the corner.

Ton of info below:

The high power light bulb idea is a good one. I should build the FET tester . . .

4 Likes

I just uploaded a real life repair:

Hope some find this of interest.

Jeff

7 Likes

Jeff, you make me feel awful dumb. :blush:

5 Likes

Haha, yes I feel the same. Nevertheless I will try to fix a broken inverter. Have a 4 kVA, just to expensive to throw away.

3 Likes

Don, if I told you how I damaged the inverter you would feel very smart !

4 Likes

I know this is from way back, but it is hardly worth your time to build one. There are video on youtube that show how to check with a multimeter, but esr meters are like 30 bucks. You can also use an lcr meter but I like esr because you can test caps stuff on the board without removing them which is priceless to me. :stuck_out_tongue: I broke down and got the esr and a cheap hot air/soldering rework station. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway I hope all is well! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Don, I was just about to ask if these guys knew if Google Translate had a translation for what ever language these guys are talking TomC

3 Likes

Every now and then I see Chinese copy of this tool for crimping cables for something cheap enough to catch my eye.
You can crimp some pretty big cables that’s why I bring it up…
It does require a little practice to get the pressure right so you don’t over crimp or under crimp.
Does not matter if the wire is stranded or metric once you have the feel for it.

You might not pass an electrical inspection using it however because it does not have a die in it with a number to match the lug your crimping

You can still solder connections.
I got to dig my 20 pound soldering iron to show you.
I don’t even have a torch big enough to heat it lol…

3 Likes