2021 West Coast Woodgas Meetup

Today we had a great time at the first west coast woodgas meetup. Like usually there was a lot of food and we had a great time visiting. We spent some time chunking and we each walked around and talked about our truck and what we will do next time. Lol. Then we had a long story time. each talked about mechanic and fab stories along with bike wrecks and anything else we thought about. I was a blast. Thanks to Mike and Connie Gibb for hosting and for there Daughter and Son and Law, Kathy and Chris for running the grill and cooking lots of really great food.

KIMG1620
KIMG1623
KIMG1628
KIMG1630
KIMG1633
KIMG1631
KIMG1638

14 Likes

I had a great time, maybe next time I’ll have the chevotafire road worthy enough for the 55 mile drive :rofl: I think Mike will get the first ride in it since he is the closest to me and I can swing by his place after work once I get it up and going well. Thanks very much for having me out guys!

12 Likes

Glad you came out I am really glad to have met you and swapped stories with you. I had a lot of fun.

8 Likes

Won’t be the last time I think Jo was right, pretty sure I’m in for the long haul with this hobby. And I didn’t even see your trucks running hahaha

6 Likes

I just realized that too. We should have fired them up. I guess we got to busy talking.

6 Likes

Yes it was a great first ever West Coast Event for DOW
I enjoyed every minute of it today.
More fun tomorrow. Can you SWEM while chunking wood?
Bob

7 Likes

I can smile knowing I met some great people today and that’s good enough for me :+1:

8 Likes

Greetings from Slovenia, I envy you a little … once I would like to join you and meet you, God bless you!

8 Likes

Love the shirt in the last picture!

10 Likes

My brother Pavel said when we went to the competition in the laying of hands of Slovenia that there will not be a lot of people here, that this is a sport of village specials and also people who deal with wood gas, we probably fall into this category

8 Likes

I took a chapter out of Tom Sawyer to start refilling the bins and bags to replace the 1300 lbs of dry wood chunks

The day before Kent, Jakob and I cut 7 ash trees on my neighbors property and split the stuff larger than say 2” and chunked most of it
Refilled about 25 - 5 gallon buckets or maybe 320 lbs when dried.

What a hard working crew but we sure had fun!

12 Likes

Special thanks to Chris and Cathi my son in law and daughter who made the chow plentiful and tasty.

15 Likes