2014 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 16-18

Was wondering what happened to you John. Congratulations on the addtions to the family. Sounds like you have good problems to solve. Some day I hope to shake your hand. Still up in the air if I make it but keeping fingers crossed

Hello John ,

Congratulation on the family. There will be plenty of time for gasification but the family will grow up quick and the kids will be on their own before you know it.

Hi John; congratulations on your new family member.We will miss you at Argos this year but was glad you came and got to meet you last year. Raising a family is a great responsibility good luke and I hope to see you again. Keep on Burning Wood !!! Ron L.

Hi Conrad and All ; Argos has several RV plugins , for camping there is no charge, but if you plug in for electric the fairground wants $15 per night, you can pay for this when you sign in at the door.
There are 30 and 50 amp plugins 220V and 115V recepts also.
Thanks, If any one has any other questions feel free to contact me through DOW . Ron L.

Hi John, Got to have priorities, I just go there to visit with Wayne anyway. Just kiddin. He’s the song leader. I hope Jeff can make it. He’s the fretless guitar guy. I still have his bag of fireballs sitting here. I got laid up big time last July so haven’t been able to do too much since then but I did get another gasifier built over the winter. I have around a dozen sacks ready for the trip.
FWIW, He was crucified, died and was buried. On the third day he rose again from the dead. I keep this in the back of my mind since Friday. Of course I have questions. Like Friday to Sunday is 2 days. I’m subject to correction and punishment but regardless Happy Easter to you all … Mike

Hey Mike, it’s going to be a great time down there. It’s the only event in which I don’t know what time it is while there. You can camp over by me again. You might be surprised of drop ins that are bashful about the official sign in list. We’ll hook’em. When you say you have questions about this weekend, that’s promising as your interest is still there, but don’t run out of time.

Hi Doug, Looking forward. Chopped two more sacks of maple today … I need to find a tiny chain saw. I can’t hardly start my polan … I can’t pull the cord fast enough. My old homelite works OK but I have to pull too many times and the primer button is rotted off and not available. I bet my old McCulIochs will work just fine. Put it in a vice and then yank with my left arm. My elbows are shot. Lyme disease … Still plugging away … I put my shotgun over the door today. It’s loaded with one shot of 00 buck … Leave me the F alone …
Back to Argos, I will park where I land of course … All the young guys can play the games … I usually take a wood burner to the antique power show here at the Iowa County Fair Grounds in Mineral Point …Of course they have tractor games and a parade (of power) through town.
The rest will just keep thumbing their Ipods and stand in line for the hole when the SHTF …
See you soon … Mike

Mike,
Have you tried an electric pole saw? It has a 12" bar and has surprising power. I bought a Polan and am very satisfied.

Hello all

I had a call from Dr Larry Winiarski ( rocket stove inventor ) yesterday . He plans on being at the Argos woodgas blast and plans to camp . I’m sure many will want to pick his brain.

Do you know if he plans to bring some rocket stoves for us to check out?

Good morning Henry

He will be flying in so may be traveling light but I will email and ask

“I was in truck obsession mode at last years event” Ha, me too Henry. Probably do me good to be “truck free” this time.

Henry ,

Dr. Larry said he wouldn’t’ promise but will see what he can do.

Hi Guys, I ordered an electric chain saw yesterday. It is a 40V 4AH 16" bar … They claim it will cut a cord on a charge … Yeah right … Maybe 3 feet long poplar 4" in diameter and a toyota pickup … At any rate I have to stop injuring myself starting the gasoline ones. I do that and then have to work too … I hope it works out … I have excess PV and wind power here … I will bring it along … Too bad the rocket stove guy has to fly in … Very good concept and requires no power … Mike

The great part about Argos is that interesting people come and go and us regulars shouldn’t ever miss a year. I was welding and cutting tonight with 40 percent duty cycles on both machines. It’s like dating a pretty girl and having to put up with a lot to keep on her good side.

Hi Doug, Zap … zzzzz … zap … M

No Mike, tonight it was weld, burn over a hundred pizza boxes, weld, blow fuzz out of wife’s hair dryer, weld, move some firewood out of the garage, weld, cut a 2 inch pipe with the sawsall, plasma cut into a 2 inch coupling, water a tree. This woodgas burns a lot of calories. I think that I’m maintaining my figure though.

Dr Larry Winiarski (inventor of the rocket stove) has graciously agreed to attend the meet. He will be flying in to South Bend on Friday and leaving very early Tuesday morning. We can pick him up Friday no problem, but most everyone will be gone by sometime late Sunday.

Does anyone live nearby who could give him a ride on Monday night? I know we have several members in Indiana, hopefully somebody will be close enough to do this.

well, i think i just convinced my beloved to help me attend this year’s gathering. sorry we missed last year.
still pretty sketchy for this year in a few departments, but i will be making every effort to attend. we will definitely bring ear plugs to cope with the mid-night trains runs…

i tried to register in the earlier post of listed attendees, but it showed up weird.