2018 Argos reports and pictures

The pizza bus pretty much stole the show when it showed up. It’s not a wood powered vehicle, but it has an on-board wood fired pizza oven! We have to get this guy to make us lunch next year. Plus his slogan is great…

9 Likes

I want to make a special thank you to Ron and Ronda Lemler. They have put their hearts and souls into this event for the last seven years. Ron supplied us with literal tons of kiln dried hardwood chunks, perfect for every variety of gasifier. Ronda took charge of the food, working with the fairgrounds, and keeping the books down to the penny.

Most of you know there was a massive fire that took down the Lemlers’ pallet mill a couple years ago. Ron didn’t give up, he prayed about it and decided to rebuild at a smaller scale that he and Ronda can manage easily. He’s continued to bring wood, but his old supply is nearly gone. We need to come up with an alternative supply, or just have everyone bring extra to share.

Ron’s iconic woodgas truck has been in and out of the shop for the last couple of years. The oil pump screen got clogged with gasket material, and the entire engine needed a rebuild. He’s currently trying to get the bugs worked out of the woodgas supercharger. It didn’t make the show this year, but the hard working tractor was there, and Ron put in several hours of work moving wood around and giving hayrides.

Thank you Ron and Ronda, your years of work on this event have paid off in spades. We’re all very blessed (and a bit spoiled) by your efforts.

16 Likes

That book will be a collectors item with all those signatures. Looks like you had a blast. Wish I could have made it but farming and peojects here make it hard for me to get away.

4 Likes

Chris if the pizza bus stays for the entire show next year he might leave driving on wood. It could be the payment for his services… :wink:

3 Likes

Rather than spending hours editing, I am uploading (to the Google Album) every picture / video taken by me. I haven’t even looked at them all yet! :sweat_smile:

Actually, I think I clogged up the works. Stay tuned…

3 Likes

I don’t know if this is the proper thread for these videos ? This is short videos of the trip to and from Argos .

13 Likes

Caught Mike working! ( Or looking for a snack)

6 Likes

Probably checking out his new wood storage bin to determine how long it will run a gasifer. Letting the frig run out of beer could be dangerous in a room full of DOW people.

2 Likes

Actually, the atmosphere was intoxicating… no alcohol required! :smirk:

5 Likes

Your looking good Al :grinning:

Plenty of food !!

9 Likes

The flare looks a lot better than I do!

4 Likes

Thanks for the nice vidio’s driveing on wood. Now i know i am a petro bum,driveing down too argos on gasoline.Hopefully next year my wood truck will be operable on the brake light wireing and fuel pump buissy finishing up job started on, last minut snags.

2 Likes

Thanks Kevin .

I was wanting to show hot fill ups without a lot of smoke along the trip . No one took much notice of me while filling .

3 Likes

Good afternoon Wayne i seen no smoke hardly but a little tini be the one time, i got some practicing too go too get that good at loading trinkets,or i mean it could be monkys if no smoke seen.

2 Likes

We arrived home last nite. Tired but very happy we went. A most wonderful gathering this year. I learned so much from everyone there. And the efforts by the Lemlers, Mike R., and the ladies and daughters of the gasifier guys were the bedrock of what made it successful in every sense. Thankyou everyone!

5 Likes

That little ranger build was and is a very uniqe cool custom build, the take off speed power that 4 cyclinder truck had really made my weekend, as i had been looking too see a four cylinder power take off in person.We were nearing 70 mph well before the salvage yard.Hands Down,Nice Job on the ranger.

4 Likes

I agree Kevin that was my favorite truck this year. nice work Al!

4 Likes

I should have menchen i enjoyed meeting Wayne Keith and chris in person, and seeing Wayne Keith gasifiers trucks were an eye opener on sizeing while building,after seeing the WK trucks in person’ it give’s me a better overall preview of his design. It was amazeing how fast and smooth Wayne Keith can switch between dino and wood gas.

2 Likes

Here is some parade video on YouTube.

A bit shakey-cam, but fun! :grin:

15 Likes

Great video !

Thanks Mike .

3 Likes