2018 Argos reports and pictures

We arrived home last nite. Tired but very happy we went. A most wonderful gathering this year. I learned so much from everyone there. And the efforts by the Lemlers, Mike R., and the ladies and daughters of the gasifier guys were the bedrock of what made it successful in every sense. Thankyou everyone!

5 Likes

That little ranger build was and is a very uniqe cool custom build, the take off speed power that 4 cyclinder truck had really made my weekend, as i had been looking too see a four cylinder power take off in person.We were nearing 70 mph well before the salvage yard.Hands Down,Nice Job on the ranger.

4 Likes

I agree Kevin that was my favorite truck this year. nice work Al!

4 Likes

I should have menchen i enjoyed meeting Wayne Keith and chris in person, and seeing Wayne Keith gasifiers trucks were an eye opener on sizeing while building,after seeing the WK trucks in personā€™ it giveā€™s me a better overall preview of his design. It was amazeing how fast and smooth Wayne Keith can switch between dino and wood gas.

2 Likes

Here is some parade video on YouTube.

A bit shakey-cam, but fun! :grin:

15 Likes

Great video !

Thanks Mike .

3 Likes

That was a lot of fun, thanks for sharing the video

3 Likes

That was a great DOW parade to riding in! Hope to be in it next year, Lord Willing.
Bob

2 Likes

Thanks from me mike and vidio was nice and clear, i tryed getting pics from the flare and my camera was not good in dark. Good luck on your truck project, i am starting a new one soon, too see how a 2000 s10 4.3 does on wood.

1 Like

No one in our family took very many pics. Sorry guys. This is all we have.

DSCN0151DSCN0152DSCN0156DSCN0168DSCN0157DSCN0158DSCN0169DSCN0168DSCN0163DSCN0161DSCN0164DSCN0165DSCN0166DSCN0160DSCN0159DSCN0167DSCN0162

9 Likes

By any chance did someone record that young manā€™s presentation on ram pumps?

1 Like

Sorry, I was too spellbound by a 10 year old youngster giving useful information to a room full of mostly old-timers!

1 Like

That young man gave a very good speach i agree, very knowlegable, young man.I think that was billy alibamas son, sorry i have never been good at remembering names.I think i was 15 years old before i had speech class in public school, or spoke in front of a goup off people.Very good training though.

1 Like

Here is a some more fire video

7 Likes

Jesse just turned 9ā€¦And sorry, I didnā€™t record it.

1 Like

Thanks for all the pics and video to everyone I am not very techy but sure enjoy watching them on the way home be home in a day or two a special thanks to Ron and Rhonda for all the hard work along with Mike Reynolds and all the ladys that helped with the food preparation also it was good to me Koen and others that i havenā€™t met before I had trouble posting on the way home but Chris fixed the problem thanks Chris for fixing it and putting up with my less than perfect musical talent could go on and on but I hate typing Thanks to all

6 Likes

also sure missed Carl this year

6 Likes

Hello Randy

Sure was good to see you again and yes we all missed Carl

3 Likes

Here is a slide show of the still pictures I took, and a few freeze frames.

Hope you like it!

17 Likes

Robin,

We are neighbors (New Hampshire and Maine), but had to drive to Indiana to see each other. Great seeing you and the whole DOW crew!

I learned a lot. Thanks to everyone who took time to walk me through your great builds.

1 Like