2018 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | June 1-3

Mike, Thanks for helping with all this so Chris has more time for wife & land shopping… We don’t want him to be distracted . :blush:

8 Likes

Thanks for signing up, Paul OBrien! Again, life is a bit crazy and I will be updating the summary roster above soon. Right now, My wife Joy and I are in Knoxville, Tennessee area being new grandparents to miss Lilly Rose, who was born yesterday morning! :grinning:

20 Likes

Congratulations Mike :grinning:

5 Likes

Congrats…
My brother named his girls after flowers too. Heather and Daisy spent the night with us last night…

2 Likes

Argos is getting closer !! 7 more weeks .

Bob M and Michael G. A real treat to me will be getting to meet you two guys :grinning:

Sure wish there were someway JO , Kristijan and Koen could show up :disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

Lets say i would try to fly in. What airport would be best suited ? Chicago or Indianapolis ?
I would love to come

How to get my but from the airport to Argos is the question, or i just might rent a car…

1 Like

You fly into South Bend and I pick you up . In a wood burner of coarse :grinning:

Edit. After you ride in a V-8 dakota about a hundred miles you may want to take one back with you.:grinning:

7 Likes

Sadly the trip from South Bend to Argos is only 30 some miles… so how we could get the addictive making 100 miles :grin: ?

To South Bend and back is 60 miles plus we usually put down near a hundred miles around the event . I usually end up putting 1500 miles on the vehicle by the time the trip is over .

Also I provide you with a tent and bedding .

1 Like

The flight to South Bend would be almost double priced then just going to Ohara Chicago, 1800 to 1000

Lets say i am seriously dreaming to come over… checking my calender this week and how to obtain the visa paperwork in time ( just electronic registration )

3 Likes

I can’t stop clicking the like button…

5 Likes

OK, If you rent a car in Indianapolis, you have about a 2 to 3 hour drive, with some heavy traffic. If you rent a car in Chicago, You have a 2.5 to 4 hour drive, the traffic can be insane. You will have to remember we have “keep to the right side” traffic flow. Indianapolis freeways are busy, depending on the time of day. Chicago freeways can be busy to impossible, you would have to be patient and expect traffic slowing, stopping. That is just the way it is. I’m no expert in any of these areas, and I tend to avoid city traffic whenever possible. I think you have busy traffic where you live as well, so this is all do-able. On airline ticket prices, check the Fort Wayne, Indiana airport (FWA) as a destination airport as well, and I or my wife Joy could give a ride to Argos. South Bend seems to be high priced, maybe because of Notre Dame University.

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with chicago, but have survived the Detroit Metro airport. I’m about halfway between the two.

1 Like

It sure would be a treat if you could work it out. It would be great to meet face to face. I kow Jakob would really like to talk to you about charcoal. I’d like to hear more about development-work-subject matter from your part of the world too. …Sorry I can’t help much with the logistics talk since I’m not local to Argos area.

2 Likes

Sure wish there were someway…

3 Likes

Wayne ignored my response about singing on his videos. But I had another thought about it. You know here in the deep south it used to be common to have a singing at the church house as a way to raise funds for community projects. For instance, that is how the Rescue Squad here was founded and funded until very recently. Now we get tax money from alcohol sales.

But my idea was for Wayne to sing his songs on his videos to raise money to bring the out-of-towners over. What do you say Wayne? …:grin:

3 Likes

Good idea Billy , I could sing and you could sell ear plugs at an inflated price :grinning:

10 Likes

This last coment realy made my day Wayne :smile:

I can feel the positive vibrations of the event from here, and am honored to be invited. Visiting Argos is on my To-do list and l never, never miss anything from the list. Honestly l was considering comeing this year but a unfortunal turn of events chained me and my wife to the farm with no penny to spare…

3 Likes

W could have a whole line of ear protection. I’ll get some of those cheap ear muffs at members’ prices at Harbor Freight and mark them up like a pair of Dewalt. :smiley:
Pretty tough market though when one of their favorite sayings is “poor folks have poor ways.”

1 Like

The changes that i will be attending this year are increasing…

10 Likes