ADAPTech Projects

Wow!! Looks like you live in heaven on earth! TomC

3 Likes

Sooo many possibilities!!!

5 Likes

Jakob, that is certainly junk-heaven. You’re having way too much fun.

5 Likes

Go for the could-be the farm work-horse yellow tractor next Jacob.
Even if diesel; and you’d have to spark convert. Doable. And another make-work, learning opportunity.
Best Regards
Steve Unruh

4 Likes

Ford Ranger on charcoal or raw wood. Is that the 4-cylinder? :blush:
Its a candy store for sure. So many possibilities… Time??

3 Likes

Just my Dad’s back yard. What others call “junk”, my dad calls “high quality merchandise”.

Maybe Jesse can put Mike La Rosa’s trailer behind that Ford Ranger.

5 Likes

Yesterday’s progress.
DSCN9774DSCN9778DSCN9779DSCN9780DSCN9800DSCN9799DSCN9802DSCN9801

11 Likes

Yesterdays progress. This thing is fun!!:grinning::grinning:DSCN9806 DSCN9818

12 Likes

Having fun, it is hard to want to do much else.:grinning::grinning::grinning: I was cutting 14 pieces of Alder for firewood. The largest was 6 in diameter. I have been chunking and bagging wood every chance I get I need to fill these two silos up with bagged wood. I put a slipper clutch in so I don’t break the tractor.
DSCN9889
DSCN9891 DSCN9887DSCN9886DSCN9890

11 Likes

The International is a gas burner but I am pretty sure the John Deere is a diesel, both of them are beasts. They are industrial construction tractors. My idea is to put a backhoe on the John Deere I have a hoe off of another tractor that got run out of oil and the motor is not rebuild-able, and I have not been able to find a motor.

6 Likes

Jakob, Nice wood silos storage areas. That should keep the wood dry.
Bob

5 Likes

Actually, I measured it…the largest piece you cut was 7 3/4 inches across. I was very impressed. Billy

7 Likes

Billy, wasn’t sure where to post this; glad to hear you are feeling better. If no one has told you, it can take months for all pain, and numbness to ease up. It took about two months after my surgery. My Dr. told me to walk as much as possible.

8 Likes

We have been working on cleaning up around here. I bush hogged the fields and organized the shop :sweat:. Mom swept it for me. :grinning::grinning:
DSCN9931DSCN9933 DSCN9928
This should probably go in the “What not to do” thread.I doubt it is a complete record but I have not heard of it happening before. An Injury from a chunker. :frowning_face::sob: I was chunking pine slabs and in the beginning of the cut the slab split open my thumb fell between the two sides as the cut continued. The cuter head pushed the two sides back together with my thumb in between. So basically my thumb got stuck between the board and the anvil. It split it open pretty good but it will heal. There are more places than between the blade and the anvil to get hurt on a chunker, Watch out. :fearful:
DSCN9936DSCN9935

8 Likes

Suck it up and get back to cleaning the shop. You probably shouldn’t have been chunking to day with all the work to be done. TomC

8 Likes

Ha ha I already had the shop clean and was having fun. The way I see it pain and injury as well as mistakes only go to prove that you are doing some thing that hopefully is productive. A boy used to hang around the shop dad worked in when he was in his early twenties, the boy always stood around and refused to work, every time someone would make a mistake or brake a bolt he would go tattle on them to the manager. The managers reply always was “You can’t break bolts without turning wrenches”.

13 Likes

OUCH!
And it is your right hand.
Sometimes hurrying can really hurt
I have tried to feed several small limbs into the chunker and been pinched but nothing like that

5 Likes

Jakob, I know it hurts !!

Please be very careful

7 Likes

Hello Jakob .

How is the busted thumb ? Looks like you and your Dad my be handicapped a few days. :slightly_frowning_face:

On one other note . I have the cutting slope on my chunker so the throat will stay wide open as long as possible before it makes it’s cut . It gives more time to get the wood into place and have my fingers clear .

7 Likes

It is Ok, I can still work. If I let my hand hang down it starts to throb and get a sharp pain so i keep it up sometimes with a sling. On the note of Injuries, Some of you might have met Janenken My sisters best friend she hung out with Naomi at the last Argos. Janenken’s little 6 year old sister, Ellie, Got kicked in the head by a Filly yesterday, It knocked her out but she came out of it, this morning she is up and around with a bad head ache. Keep her in your prayers.

12 Likes