Alternative septic system

You get black flies until the heat comes on and at temperatures above 80 sustained for a while they die off with the mosquito.
But then comes the deer fly when the heat hatches them out and they look like a large housefly but with crazy evil eyes.

I can literally remember running to try and avoid the flies or diving in a lake to see if I could wait them out before coming up for air.
Hiding under sheets praying someone get out of the beds and sprays some DDT around inside the kill the buggers.
And the truly maddening deer fly that buzzes around and around your head watching and waiting to dive on you and lift out a chunk of flesh…

I think there is a slip between the twp halves of the island.
Looking at the geology of the area there is a bassalt formation on the west side and sedimentary formation on the the east.
I think the poo washes into this slip…

I can remember being in the bush west and north of Iron bridge.
The flies were so bad.
You were covered in rod grease and diesel oil at the end of the day and stunk to high heaven but you could not get naked and dip in the lake to wash the site off your body because the files would eat you alive.
14 days in camp and never washing anything than your hands your face and sometimes you back side.
The wife would make me strip in the hallway of our apartment when I got home

3 Likes