Discovering my freedom in Minnesota

Yes they pulled out the witching wands before they started drilling.

2 Likes

Don’t get discouraged yet mine 220 ft

1 Like

are you sure they are looking for water maybe oil in your future. :grinning:

2 Likes

I would be okay with the oil other than the government having mineral rights.
Today they finally got past the granite about 330’ and then into some softer rock and drilled to 360’. Still no water. It sounds as if no water is in the shaft tomorrow morning, they will try hydrofracking.

1 Like

So, that water witching job came with a money back guarantee, right…?
:joy:

3 Likes

They drilled down to 409’ today and the well only produces 1 gallon of water per hour. The well shaft is completely through rock. On to hydrofracking.

wowzers… Thought the table would have been a lot higher then that considering you are close to the big lake… What kind of bedrock are they hitting? That is a damn deep well… Most around here are arround 90-135ft. Deepest I have ever seen was 305ft.

1 Like

Dont forget about a rain catchment system… may be too late in the season for that now however…

1 Like

It is solid rock past about 20-30’. They are hoping to find the water coming through the cracks in the rocks.

1 Like

you must be thirsty up there with no water. Have you had any snow yet? dropping down into the thirties here next week. Time to start up the wood stove,.

Good luck on the hydrofracking, Bill. My well is 700’ deep and was bone dry a week after it was drilled. After it was hydrofracked, the water is up to the ground level every morning.

3 Likes

Michael: congratulations on finding the one dry column of rock on your entire property! ;D

@BillSchiller I am putting psychic pressure on your water demons to make them give up their hoards.

1 Like

Decided to set the cabin on 12" diameter concrete posts that are 5’ deep. This way I don’t have to worry about the ground freezing and heaving up the cabin. I had a local sawmill cut three 5" x10" beams 20’ long. The beams stick out 4’ on both sides for a future wrap around deck and porch.

3 Likes

My picture won’t load, I will try again when I get into town

one would think you would need water in the ground to freeze :grinning:

1 Like

Touche…Well played, good Sir… Well played indeed.

4 Likes

Hey Bill, Don’t forget ground cloth as a vapor barrier.

1 Like

Installing solar this weekend.

1 Like