Gasifier Engine Driven Charcoal Production

I never sayd I was going to cut a single leave… Fallen trees and other valid sources if wood should be used as well win, water or whatever could be used

1 Like

the 10-year period, 1146–1155, was selected as a scenario of worst-case warm drought from the paleoclimate data for the past 12 centuries . Civilizations fell , Populations never recovered . What can I say " When you get rain try to slow down the loss of water , you will need it later ’ .
I stayed in a community that was not allowed to pick up fire wood but was provided with propane .
9 out of ten people were then forced out . There was protest in China over extreme water pollution from solar panel production . All these places ’ Nature Conservatory " A people used to live there . They collected firewood , now that is prohibited . We need to adapt to living out of Eden .

1 Like

Not if it is gasifiers exhaust
This is what I had seen on his you tube channel. Genset powered with wood, exhaust from genset motor into a can holding a basket of wood for the next load

3 Likes

I am going to try a method to steam dry wood chips but I am not going to use the engine exhaust .
The exhaust does heat gasifier . I mistakenly connected blowers to reverse polarity 12 volt and they burned out . I have been thinking of starting system with shop vac and trying to start engine when shop vac gives out .

1 Like

Coir Wattle Check Dams
100% biodegradable coir wattles are excellent check dams. A very successful sediment control device.

watl-channel-300x187

I think Venezuela can offer much more then Costa Rica in way of ecotourism .

Costa Rica is a lush country where nature is on display in all its splendor thanks to extraordinary biodiversity. This product is based on studying and observing salient features of nature, and ecological, geological and other processes, such as bird watching, observation of flora and fauna, volcanoes, hiking, trails and national parks.

The territory is divided into 29 national parks, 19 wildlife refuges, 8 biological reserves, and a series of protected areas that captivate lovers of ecotourism activities. Excursion offerings and tours are varied, including: horseback riding, hiking mountain trails, guided tours for bird watching, forests, landscapes and natural heritage sites, as well as aerial trams, lakes and rivers full of flora and fauna.

This tourism product not only aims to provide beautiful natural experiences for tourists, but also to educate visitors about the importance of protecting natural resources.
Although Costa Rica is a small territory, it makes up about 5% of the earth’s biodiversity. Fortunately, this natural treasure is protected by the National System of Conservation Areas, preserving a total of 25% of the national territory.

Visitors can enjoy the country’s majestic volcanoes, Pacific and Caribbean beaches, tropical dry, wet, and rain forests, as well as exhilarating jungle landscapes, all without traveling long distances.

It gives us great pleasure to invite you to visit our natural wonders.

1 Like

Good Morning Mr Malanguito
Woodgasification is not totally unknown in Venezuela.
There has been a very active fellow woodgassed for engines using coffee plantation culled trees. DanieloM.
He posted up active on the Yahoo Woodgas group. Yahoo has stopped supporting their Groups system. Hopefully he will find his way here.

There has been one current fellow from Venezuela posting up here on the DOW.
I wait for him to speak up for himself. Hopefully not caught up in the violence’s in your country.

And back in the early 1960’s there was a wood products mill in Venezuela who commissioned bought a engine fueling gasifier system from IMBERT/Europe. It choked on your higher ash wood species. Imberts have weak barley active grates.
Imbert wanted to sent a technician to sort out the problems. No. The MIll’s people said. Our experienced Millwrights will do this. And they did.

So quite a bit of native talent you have there.
Seek in the Rural wood products areas. Not in the cities. They are petroleum addled there.

HenryB quit confusing this English as a second language person with your reference
links.
I swear I will fire up a chainsaw and down a tree for every additional link you put up; confusing.
Your’re no angel. You posted up pictures of downing trees that were invading eating up your buildings.
Trees are an aggressive species. Only thing more aggressive here where I live are marching, demonstrating, rioting, Green-Spinners.
Steve Unruh

3 Likes

There is this one tree that is on infrastructure that is under power line to solar panels . I cut down one two feet away could not see my feet but did notice I was rocking back and forth on the concrete i was standing on , My favorite tree The Red Maple is split in half and right over my power line I need to take it down or it is on me . We home Schooled we were sales persons for Calvert school I wanted to sell you on Calvert School even if I paid for it .

1 Like

Calvert school system for our two foster girls?
Thank you for this offer Henry.
Unfortunately fostering registered in the State of Washington our options are only Public Schooling. This gives the independent daily seen-by-others. Others who are mandatory reporters.
Covid-19 this has meant virtually home-schooling Zoom classes thru the public school.
The great news is starting tomorrow the youngest kindergartener get to school bus to the school and in-room learn now starting tomorrow.
The older 1st grader hopefully get to bus back to in-class school next step. After the normal winter break time. Late December.
We home supplement daily. Did this all summer.
Both girls far ahead of expected curves.
Public schooling is for the p-social real world exposures. Good teacher and they will zoom-zoom. Bad teacher and we will show them to endure that one temporary slow-down, and expect to zoom-zoom come the next class.
Life teaches life.
Be no weak daisies here. Be no “identity” disabled here.
But. Tough. Practical. And pretty.
Regards
Steve Unruh

If we had our own natural born from my wife’s womb children we would have options then.

2 Likes

School was 4 blocks away and people on other side of street would shoot at you for being on other side of street . I am saying it was like that . It was or it was not like that . It was not like that every second of the day . It was like that enough of the time for me to say it was like that . We had the right to home school and we did that .
I remember my wife sent in some form to the school board like 50 times before the school board acknowledged receipt of the form

4 Likes

Hello!. Igor is my name.
1960 is very prior to the Saudi Venezuela age, very long ago.
I can say that I live in a rural area near Mérida city y that I have visited lots of very rural areas in Merida state and found nothing about wood gas. Some of this all towns are 5 hrs away with some off road.
Unfortunately I don’t know about that Venezuelans that already used wood gas.
I am here to learn

4 Likes

Understood.
“We”, you Venezuela oil producing and exporting since the 1930’s; and USofA oil producing and exporting since the 1880’s suffer never having to must-do woodgas.

I was wrong. Danielo Moreira is in Brazil. Ha! They DID have to woodgas in the WWII embargo sink all ships era. And Portuguese language is not Spanish.

DOW member Abner Valbuena introduces himself here:

You can click open his avatar picture to see all of his information posts here on the DOW.
Even try to contact him with a DOW sponsored Personal Message.

Regards
Steve unruh

2 Likes

https://listado.mercadolibre.com.ve/estufa-cohete

3 Likes

Thank you! I just read all about my neighbor from la azulita…POLITICS!
Looks like more than a year and did nothing on Gasifing
I hope to learn from you and i am also reading papers from universities located all over the world.
My goal is to make people that live in rural areas to start using this technology.
There is no reason for people with full access to wood would only depend on the gas from our very

4 Likes

Deforestation has immediate consequences for the local population in terms . The unpredicted erosion, landslide, due to deforestation, are also major concerns
The Curupao Power Plant, which was inaugurated in 1933, still provides electricity to Guarenas and Guatire.

1 Like

Agreed.
Oil producing, exporting nations are actually the worst for suppressing people-made local power.
Nuclear and Big Hydro dependent nations the 2dn worst for suppressing local level DIY power making.

Join the crowd here with their priority as DYI power from local re-growing trees.
For every tree harvested plant or let regenerate 10 trees. Cull those back to the true best.
Best practices you should come through with 3 trees to replace that one harvested.

Hey just ignore the green-spinners. Those atoning for their sins of decades of world hopping jetting around. Very, very disingenuous. Us practical’s just stayed home burning our home fires. AND planting, nurturing local trees.

Henry one tree will die tomorrow.
Steve unruh

5 Likes

I have been chastised for burning dead fall because you are supposed to let it rot on the ground to replenish the soil. Thankfully I was provided with a particular finger for such occasions. Around 2012, nature decided that we didn’t need any more Ash trees. A little green bug came and wiped out hundreds of trees on my land. Before that hundreds of Red Elm. If something comes for the Maples this place will be about as bald as it’s owner. I don’t understand the why’s and wherefore’s about natures ways. One of the trees we have left are what we call Ironwood. Last year the ground was completely blanketed with their seeds. This year not a one and very few maple seeds whereas they are usually spinning to the ground like rain.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Don’t worry too much just yet TomH.
The many, many now cultured grape mini-vineyards here taught me that some plants only fruit/seeds bear well when they are forced stressed. Literally sensing that they could die. Reproduce before you die.
Other plants fruit/seed well in what they perceive as most favorable conditions.
Once you see and accept this you can divide categorize plants, as each type.
Then; not worry so much.
Regards
Steve unruh

4 Likes

When I was a kid at Ma Hart’s house the big maple tree in the kitchen door yard only made the helicopter seeds every couple years. At 82 years old it was 87 feet tall and had almost 15 gallons of honey in the trunk when I cut it down. It had a rotten heart almost 20 feet from the ground and leaning over the house.
Very scarey!! Luckily it twisted on the way down and missed everything! Landed 6 ft. from the garage door. Thank you God!!
Jesse

7 Likes

The vast majority of Zanzibar’s human population is dependent upon shifting cultivation and forest products such as building poles, firewood, and charcoal. Due to the high price of electricity, even Zanzibar’s urban population is heavily reliant on firewood and charcoal for cooking. Tree cutting to supply this demand continues to be a major threat to Zanzibar’s wildlife. Zanzibar is currently losing an estimated 3% of its forest each year. Thus, in order to conserve the Zanzibar red colobus and ensure the genetic viability of this species into the future, all of the remaining forest patches containing red colobus must be identified, protected and linked by functional corridors in a comprehensive Protected Areas network of community and government forests.

A SPECIES of African monkey has added charcoal to its diet, apparently to help it overcome the chemical defences of the plants it eats. The monkeys can now tolerate a wider range of plants and, as a result, their population has soared.

Scientists working on the east African island of Zanzibar observed that in one part of the island, red colobus monkeys (Procolobus kirkii) have developed a taste for charcoal, eating up to five grams a day. “It’s almost universal in some of the groups there,” says Thomas Struhsaker of Duke University in Durham, North Carolina.

Struhsaker says that the monkeys get the charcoal from burned tree and palm stumps in fields, out of abandoned kilns, and even steal it from villagers’ hearths

I just wanted to post of monkey stealing charcoal . They do it all over .

2 Likes