6 Likes

ob_9d45d6cbf5fe81fe6349503d705dd0db_tracteur-un-gazogene

87847d8affbfd2573c0ac193493cafdf314867ed

b1c9df63f0ea689f3f7c3a9f4cca304a7e721b2c
Download

holzgas__traktor
images

9 Likes

This is the neatest application for a woodgas tractor that I have ever seen!
Edit - I wonder where the radiator is?

10 Likes

I was wondering that also, it is so nicely put together. Ash clean out hatch in front and above a hatch for grate inspection or for loading up with charcoal.
May the radiator is on the side of the tractor engine or under neath the tractor? Cool tractor indeed.
Bob

5 Likes

Perhaps its engine fan cooled and hidden inside?

10 Likes

I’m trying to figure out what going on with the wheels on this.

8 Likes

Hmm lm willing to bet its a sistem to work as wheel chains or even tracks when needed. Smart.

10 Likes

Yes Kristijan ,

Looks like mud diggers . I can remember a few times I could have used them :blush:

12 Likes

I heard someone call them trenchers, when the skinny wheels drop into mud they spread out the load and act as a side biter for traction. Lots of off-road tires have aggressive side lugs to help with traction, where old tractors almost always had skinny tires that would cut through soft ground. New agriculture equipment have super wide tires, floating and spreading the weight

6 Likes

I have always been amazed watching old videos of Model T’s working their way though the mud bog roads they often had back then. Going through stuff that I know my 4WD trucks would not.

4 Likes

I’ve seen period footage of Model Ts climbing up 6ft tall sandy riverbanks. Pretty amazing what 3" wide tires can do.

5 Likes

don, right, a very nice design, very compact and not blocks the sight of the driver…
foto number 10 shows a interesting construction especially built for narrow wineyards in france

7 Likes

somewhere in the forum there was a actual foto from a member with a tractor with hand crancing…maybee sweden? who remember this?
a foto gallery would be really helpfull …

4 Likes

This thread is the closest I’ve seen to staying somewhere around the original topic Giorgio. Human nature I guess. I’m confessing my own guilt.

5 Likes

Some days ago i got this little photo from a customer at work. This is from his fathers workshop that did engine repairs and metal working, during the war his father converted cars and tractors to woodgas, he often bought the gasifiers and build the rest himself, as filters and plumbing. He probably build some experimental gasifier also, eventually there are more photos.

Tractor he converted, imbert type gasifier, probably local made filter/cooler.
Building in the background shows his workshop, this was later sold and became a car repair workshop, it passed two owners, the building got sold and the business moved to a new location in the same village, 2017 my brother took over this business and i’ve been working there since.
Sorry for the “history lesson” just a little background info. :slightly_smiling_face:
Edit: does anybody recognize the tractor? Is it a Case maybe?

10 Likes

Goran,
I think you are correct on the tractor make.

3 Likes