I interviewed ChatGPT about wood gasification

Is my math correct that it “assumed” 1 gallon of gas per year per car? or have I mislaid a decimal point?

1 Like

You are spot on. Good Catch. :slight_smile:
It also screwed up the number of acres because it took the 2.1Mt of wood and divided it by the 10 cords.

I ended up with 112M acres of 10t/acre hybrid poplar on a 5 year rotation or 560M acres for the 5 years or 875k/sq miles of land.

To put that in perspective 92M acres of corn were grown last year in the US.

Provided I did my math right roughly the area the size of california and alaska combined.

The apples to oranges comparison is:
Roughly 22k sq mi, are enough to provide the entire US with electricity according to NREL.

I did a similar back of the napkin estimate like this for ethanol back in 2007, and the numbers didn’t work out as feasible either. Ethanol can also easily be synthesized to other base chemicals like a dehydration to ethylene for polyethylene plastic. So it still has a place.

Drive on wood! It is not the answer for everyone but certainly it is the answer for some.

5 Likes

I think the “normies” have been programmed to think of wood as a dwindling and finite resource, which it isn’t. DriveonBiomass may offset some of those delusions. Personally I don’t give a damn. The “normal” world is dissolving right before our eyes. It’s impossible not to see it now. Those who can’t adapt to the independent paradigm will probably just dissolve with the old order. The nanny state was just a trap that the majority fell into and were too stupid to climb out of though people like us have always been standing by, offering ladders

4 Likes

The irony of Whitmer signing the new gun legislation at MSU, where yet another wannabe member of the Fruits of Islam, which I believe is related to the Nation of Islam, but completely dissassociated, attacked campus, which has happened numerous times over the last 50 years, and the University hasn’t done shit.

MSU claims it was a random shooter and they are pretty much lying. It was actually a terrorist attack. Their phones were flooded exactly the same way they were in the 1989 year when I was in college. Basically, a few people loosely tied to the organization, ie Nation of Islam, the 5%ers, black power, get everyone they can to make phone calls for any reason they can during a timeframe. They won’t admit it, but I guarantee that is what happened. They knew -something- was going to happen, they weren’t told what was going to happen.

I literally saw the guy, off-campus 2 minutes before MSU claims to have answered the phone. He was within seconds of shooting me while I was a half-mile off campus.
He was wearing an identical uniform, that a hall mate had. We used to play a game where if he tipped his down, I was dead. And this guy was about 20-30ft away with the hat tipped down before I moved from the corner… I have read all their propaganda.

There is no question, about the motive either.

I am pretty sure they didn’t want an eyewitness, that puts him off-campus before MSU could answer the phone. And MSU wanted to make a political issue out of it as per the governor.

1 Like

Back onto the AI’s being used to seize control; quietly slip-in easy to Info-pushing us to, and for an agenda . . .

I set up my personal laptop with DuckDuckGo in my easiest to use search window. It had been working so-so ok fine.
Ha! That window turns out is owed/controlled by Microsoft Bing. After my last not-asked-for; not giving me a chance to say, not-now-later, Microsoft upgrade. . . now opening that search window I get the Bing know-it-all, ask-me-any-question AI.

Go back and read the answers ChrisKY got fed out.
If ChatGPT was wikipedia sucking up, regurgitating then Wayne Keiths woodgased pickup truck should have shown up.
Instead ChatGPT says using wood for shaft power has been done. Only done by the desperate, in desperate times. Only now done by hobbyists. Experimenters.
AI ChatGPT then gives do-you-want-more-information to links been inactive dead for over a decade.
Doesn’t find the most active wood-into-shaft-power link in the current world in the DOW.

Sure. Sure. It says it can only know what it has been pre-programed to know.
Well right there is the Bias-points limitations, and influence’s of the individual human inputters.

Functional intelligence it the ability to solve problems. The Steve unruh working definition.
That’s it. Intelligence does not convey any morals, sense of empathy, sense of humility. No sence of personal responsibly conveyed either. Organic intelligences (humans, dogs, others) when not fed a problem to solve get bored. Then make their own problems to be occupied.
Kick you own ass when your intelligence enables others to do harm to themselves and others. Outwardly, I will at least say Opps! I was wrong. How can I repair the damages. Inwardly I am in agony.

An AI will say, O.K. Let me recalculate.

We are all responsible for the good’s and the bad’s our intelligences drives us to do.
And there has always existed in this world those who will go personal face to face with the Uber-Geeks to guide them down to their own reserved special level in Hell. Where the teaching punishment to be forced learned, and forced to accept: from your hand; from your mind, you will be held responsible.
But, but, I was in it just for the science. NO!
But, but, I just wanted to see if it was possible. NO!
I did not realize the consequences that would ripple out from my actions and thoughts. O.K. Now you are trending towards better behavior. Now can you realize that you can never possibly undo all of the harms that you did potentialize, and initiate???
See?? That’s the thing about Hells . . . you can never determine if it is teaching a possible way out. A way to go up to a less horrid level. Or, just a never ending series of punishments.
Hey! That why it’s call Hell. Not certainties. Uncertainties. False hopes.

Control your own intellectual flights yourself: or someone, someones with be forced to do it for you.

I say I do not like to be labeled. It limits. It telegraphs. But if ever forced to declare a political party I’d say I was a Libertarian. Donated to get their yards signs before major elections to signal to my avowed DemocraticBlue friends/family and my avowed RepublicanRed that you, your party; your parties designate do not own me. Real Life is not just a binary flip-switch 1-0 state. I live a life recognizing and using all of the colors. Rich. Vibrant.
Well, my sense of Libertarian ends when your Drone fly’s over my head. I will be punishing the person, with the fingers on the controller. In the Here-and-Now.
Steve Unruh

3 Likes