Life goes on - Summer 2022

Is this called tool abuse? Anyway, this is the point where I got stuck yesterday. No tool, nowhere. Asked the boys a few times and when the drove of I inspected the scooter hole. Bingo, in less then a minute. No dad, not me , I dont know what for :grinning: :frowning_face:. Who is the boss now? And this is all I do for today, time for a walk whit the missus. One of the last really nice days this year.

Bend or brake, I dont care, but off you go :muscle:. Completely rusted, locking screw gone thight. A hammer and a 18V tool did the job

6 Likes

Diesel fuel shortage alert in the southeast US

4 Likes

Have heard several rumors around of how close we are to fuel turmoil of a whole different flavor then has been seen in my lifetime. Dont mind me just stacking these chunks high as I can in every dry spot I can find
pay no mind to me mr oil man

To not clutter up Steve’s thread, here are a few of my wife’s coffee cup creations as of late. I think the woodgrain ones would look awesome with a drive on wood logo, dont you?

All energy usage was provided by the solar pv system I scraped together

14 Likes

[quote=“Marcus Norman, post:1663, topic:6453, username:Norman89”], here are a few of my wife’s coffee cup creations as of late. I think the woodgrain ones would look awesome with a drive on wood logo, dont you?
[/quote]

Those are really good Is that melted glass or resin?

(A dow logo looks good on just about anything )

2 Likes

These are all epoxy resin over stainless coffee tumblers

5 Likes

How is that possible? Even where everyone is driving gasoline? Isnt diesel a byproduct?

Overhere everything is from the Ukraine these days. Diesel is more expensive then gasoline? Strange, very strange. Things I dont understand.

Beautifull work Marcus! You can be proud of her.

4 Likes

that is what I thought. It is really nice work. I was secretly hoping it was glass beause I haven’t seen anything that intricate. :slight_smile:

Diesel is a ‘byproduct’. But they can shift the output from a refinery with various ratios that can produce more or less. Distillate fuel (which includes diesel) exports are up 19% from the first half of 2021 to the first half of 2022 in part in demand from europe.

propane exports to europe are up 51%. motor gasoline exports are up 11%.

I’m hoping auto manufacturers are holding on to EVs until the first of the year, but I don’t know. I don’t think they have that many even if they do.

5 Likes

“How is it possible?” that diesel becomes more expensive than any form of gasoline?
Mandated PPM low Sulphur only diesel is one reason. Then it is no longer a by-product but a highly engineered fuel.
Another reason is higher carbons taxes. It does have more carbon molecules.
A third reason is the locking-in of diesel as a goods transportation fuel. US and Canadian Rail and heavy trucking. Internet bought and to home delivered parcels.
Then as the primary agricultural grow&make-foods fuel, here too.
These must pay a whatever price to continue activities.
Then the blockage of any new refineries for 40-50 years being built close to the distribution and use points. Expanding and rebuilding existing facilities has had it’s limits.

Cumulatively all battles in the War Against the IC Engines, fought and lost against any engine users.

Honda Outdoor Products just told it’s dealer network it would be drooping it’s walk behind lawn mower line as of the end of 2023.
Lawsuits brought by the State of California. Honda lost millions of dollars in settlement judgements. Then the 40 million country-of-California declaration of a near dated no-more IC engine can be sold and delivered. Washington and Oregon states Governors jumping on to that wagon now too.

News is two tankers of refined transport diesel were diverted from European deliveries to the US as wholesale buyers here outbid the original delivery contracts.
S.U.

9 Likes

When the idiots start trashing their IC engines grab them up. The fake green mania will not be with us long. I couldn’t afford one of those Honda’s anyway,

8 Likes

Thanks Mr Steve, and the tankers wend back with LNG for heating our homes this winter. Strange times.

EV is not stopping, only speeding up. More and more superchargers are installed and, more important, used by the people. Not me, we have PV. Last week was a moment I filled the EV again. A reseller sold a machine of mine 240 km/150 miles away (Rinderts roots). No way I gonna drive the diesel-Vito, cost me 60 l/ 15 gallons, more then €130 fuel. Picked the EV with a hitch and trailer, filled it up, delivered the installation, another 25 km / 15 miles for the nearest supercharger, filled it for 80% and it was ready before I was eating my sandwiches. Back home and more then 120 km/ 75 miles left in the car. Costs? €34, saved €100 :grinning:

Imagine a generator on woodgas, ha. I bet JO is finished before me :grinning:

And like Wallace, gathering Honda clones wouldnt be a bad idea. One of these days they are greenwashed/flushed away. Whatever happens in America, happens here, only with some time delay.

4 Likes

Let me sum everythings up for you. The Earth Lords wants all of us littlings to own nothing, no land, water, air, food, and everything else. They will TAX everything and rise it until you can not afford it. Now they have you for a slave, and now they say be happy and keep working for us.
We will see what the Great Yehovah Almighty God has to say about this with these Earth lords. He will spoil all of their plans. The Yehovah with is word Yeshua will shake the Earth and everything in it. The little earth lords and plans will fail and their hearts too when they see whats coming for them.
This is not the end of the earth, but it is the end of the little lords plans of controling the peoples on the earth. New beginings are coming. Thank God.
Bob

8 Likes

Well, I have said it before and will says it again. Nothing new under the sun since the dark ages, we are all just slaves, still. The only difference is the fact that we can eat as much as we want and can buy almost everything we want compared to the dark ages. The lords do understand that right. If the mass gets hungry, heads are going to roll.

And at the end there is only one Lord you have to respond to.

13 Likes

I am really wondering what kind of diesel Vito you are talking about, @Pelletpower ? Common Mercedes Vito consumes between 6.5 to 7.5 l/100 km. Your figures looks like full size truck consumption. But I could hardly believe that person EV is able to haul the same load as full size truck.

3 Likes

Yes, just a common MB Vito 110 cdi from 2011. And if I drive like a dead old lady it does 6 liter/100 kn. Very happy with that. But as soon as there is a trailer behind it, it jumps to 10 to 12 liter 100 km. Maybe the newer models are better with fuel but I dont like buying fuel :grinning:. And that is just the reason I put a new motor in this year. No EV vans with range and towhitch like the Vito. Not going to spend a lot of money and still buy fuel.

With the EV fuel is free. PV panels payed for themselves a few times now. It is just a Model 3, towhitch is 1600 kg. It was a small installation but they are bulky. You are just transporting air with a few steelplates around it. Very happy with the EV, specs of real sportscar and it saves €6000 on fuel and taxes a year compared to a BMW 118d my wife had before.

3 Likes

yes, bob, completely right, besides the bible a lot of serious profecies ( as for example jakob lorber in “great gospel of john”) speak of this things what will happen in the last days
not the last days of our earth or humans, but the last days of the capitalistic (and also “communist”) slavery systems

4 Likes

It isn’t just green mania. Big business is onboard with it. It is a cost reduction. If you look at the silveradoEV that is coming, with 15c/kwh electric, it works out to 7.5c mile, or the equivalent of $1.85/gallon gas, compared to the current v6 silverado which is 16c/mile with 4 dollar gas and electric is a much more consistent price.

Is your complaint just the currently higher price of the vehicles? In the US, we gave manufacturers until 2030 to achieve cost parity for sticker prices. They have indicated they will hit that in like 5 years.

I’m still waiting for someone to explain where all the energy to power an all electric society will come from or where all the raw materials for the batteries will come from or how to recycle all those batteries.

10 Likes

Yes Tom, that is question I frequently ask but never get a right answer.

And recycling will come. You can wait for that. Lead acid couldnt get recycled 20 years ago. Look at that today. Big business.

3 Likes

Looking at current prices at the dealership and all the markup, I think it’s reaching parity from the opposite direction. Prices are going way way up.

5 Likes

It isn’t exactly what we aimed for. There are component supply issues though.

The chip supply chain will clear itself out by 2025, intel and tsmc are building factories so chips shouldn’t be constrained.

Keep in mind, this is all spread out over 30+ years

In reality, the higher efficiency of the vehicles themselves will reduce the amount of total energy we use. Second, once people get sticker shock from their electric bills, they are putting up solar. With the 7-12 year payback, it becomes a no-brainer especially for fiscal conservatives, but this won’t be everyone because of space availability.

It is all kind of how the market plays out. IF everyone installs solar, we may not need additional capacity. IF no one does, we will need to build it and transmission capacity

The ‘green mania’ wants it all done now, which is impractical to do. It will just drive up prices.

There are already two companies recycling batteries, and there are several mining projects that have started and are coming online. I don’t know that we end up with lithium, but it is the best we have right now.

This will all change over time. 30 years ago, we didn’t have home internet, and even after we did have it, it was all dial-up, and required a 2k dollar computer and modems were like 300 baud. today it is a much different story.

3 Likes