Life goes on - Summer 2023

We finally gave up and fixed the tire on the Hough-O-saurus and hired a guy to bring it home for us.
We got an hour of work out of it. It won’t start now. It has exhaust blowing out the radiator cap.
I know the Volvo L90M is better in every way, but it’s not allowed in the woods. We bought it to move snow, and I don’t want it all smashed up. So, we like the dinosaur because it will work in the woods just fine.

Now… please help me find gaskets for a 371 2 valve model 3055c…it used to be $100 a hole to reline these, but I have not bought gaskets in years.

14 Likes

I set out to buy a gasket kit. I ended up with all the man had. Apparently, I am the only one who ever even asked about Detroit Diesel parts at his shop in a decade.
I have three 371s, two of which are from Allis Chalmers HD7s. There is also a 671, 8V71, 453, and 353 around here. It’s interesting how things flow towards you when you are interested in them.

15 Likes

I had an HD7 years ago. I always loved the sound of that engine.

8 Likes

It’s an old video but it is a 371

11 Likes

Finally caught covid. I had a good record, over 3 years! 2 of those 3 spent cleaning up nasty cars and somehow not catching it.

Feels like the worst head cold I’ve ever had but at least I can breathe.

10 Likes

Sorry to hear that Cody. I got it back in January. A lot of my friends caught covid despite being fully vaccinated. Did you get the jab? Just curious.

3 Likes

On a packing upstairs-downstairs sweat-break I found this video:

Yeah.Yeah. Maybe should be in the woodgas science?

I do love my conifers.
Steve Unruh

8 Likes

Nope, never bothered to get it. The only things I’ve been vaccinated for besides the usual childhood shots and tetanus was the Swine Flu in high school.

5 Likes

I dont want to open a can of worms but l live next to a small cemetery. In the 3 years l live here there were maybee 10 burryals. None of those, to my knolidge, were the cause of corona. But over the last few months there is a strange rise in activity there, and the cause of death is always suspiciously similar…

5 Likes

That is a can of worms Kristijan, but one never opened in the main stream media. I guess it isn’t “newsworthy”.

I like this guy’s take on the Covid shots.

1 Like

Got an old ss trash can. Decided to try a wood gas stove. Has an inner and outer containers the inner one lifts out to dump ashes. Now I need a burner grate to cook on.

the lid reflex the heat and serves to put it out if needed.

10 Likes

I dont know about coved- but i have had a nasty head cold- hard to get out the sticky flem for at leiste a month- I hope you recover faster than me- last week was worse than before that- though thank GOD its seems to be dissipating or going down on the chart a little anyway.

2 Likes

YA i had my school shots like you two or three,i think measels shots too maybe–the few times i took the flue shot i only felt bad- bad, so i skip the shots after those. From what they are saying -those that get the coved shot- are less amune to getting it again- so if you confirmed you have it ,hang in there and your amune system should be stronger than getting the shots after shots. IT SEEM LIKE TO ME,?

3 Likes

Can anyone uess what l have been forging?

8 Likes

Throwing spears for hunting or fishing?

3 Likes

Close. How about now, hand in comparison.

8 Likes

Big plow gun darts. Good job on your work.

8 Likes

Bingo Bob. What a formidable tool this can be…

7 Likes

Are you moving to Africa, Kristijan? To hunt with blow pipes?

11 Likes