Life Goes on - Summer 2024

Yeah it was a little toasty the day of and weekend after the hurricane down in Kings Mountain. I just opened the windows and had a Ryobi battery fan going in the living room. I think I went through 6 shirts in 2 days from all the work I was doing around the property. I think it was 80 something inside the house.

8 Likes

Your area not affected?

9 Likes

Ours was affected but nowhere near as bad as up in Asheville. We got downed trees all over the county, a big old oak fell in my driveway but if it had fell in the opposite direction that would have been my house. My power was out from Friday to Monday night.

Iā€™m in the western edge of Gaston County. It used to be just a little over an hourā€™s drive to Asheville but now itā€™s about an hour and 45 minutes.

9 Likes

Have any of you tried anything that I can fix a crack in the windshield with? I was going to start the opel combo, but now I saw that the window was cracked. https://www.joom.com/sv/products/5b6682328b4513019c85115b?variant_id=5b6682328b4513049c85115d&currency=SEK&utm_productid=5b6682328b4513019c85115b&utm_feed=main&utm_hash=d74bbda176bcf0 493c600b4282d67869&gsAttrs=eyJyZWdpb24iOiJTRSJ9&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=21200276288&utm_term=cid-21200276288%2Cadi-%2Ctid-%2Cdev -m%2Creg-21017%2Cmd-5b6682328b4513049c85115d&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8Z-Gy6P3iAMVqwCiAx2kJw9OEAQYIiABEgLABPD_BwE

2 Likes

I have a crew of guys heading in next week to Asheville with a truck load of military surplus blankets gloves ponchos coats poncho liners hats ect all wet weather and cold weather gear. We have a 50,000$ order placed through Miltec and a crew of guys and trucks that are taking it in to the affected area. Started the fundraiser yesterday morning and currently at a little over 39,000$ so hopefully hit our goal today and get the order solidified

15 Likes

I think Goran did. It depends on the crack, as to how to fix it.

4 Likes

I have heard that NC state police are now opposing FEMAā€™s usual attempts to prevent private individuals from delivering aid. The government is never your friend. All federal agencies are criminal organizations.

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1842252268856324160

https://x.com/WallStreetApes/status/1842217665303372243
I could list stories like this all day long. By the way, the official report on Liana Hawaii has come out and the whole area was wiped out by downed powerlines. Which some how avoided Oprah and " the Rock" Johnsonā€™s estates with their newly blue painted roofs. Glad Iā€™m in the caboose of this ride or I might croak from vomiting if I have to spend many more years watching this freak show.

7 Likes

Yeah, no money left in FEMA accounts for disaster relief. Wonder where it went? :thinking: :walking_man: :walking_man: :walking_man: :man_walking: :man_walking: Maybe you could score some if you let the government know you are going to start a war somewhere. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes

It is so so so much worse then anyone knows. I have boots on the ground feeding me updates by the hour I have never seen a ā€œnatural disasterā€ of this proportion being silenced by media THIS hard. I wonā€™t jump on conspiracy theories, Iā€™ll just wait till I can say ā€œI told you soā€

Conspiracy theorist are just 6 months ahead of the news at this point and Iā€™m real tired of being right. Going to go finish my quail hutch now and stockpile more food and waterā€¦

15 Likes

I have some family and friends in the tampa area generally where Milton is supposedly going to hit. It jumped to cat 5 overnight which they werenā€™t expecting, they were anticipating a cat3 when it made landfallā€¦ So I donā€™t know.

Apparently they have issues with garbage piles from the last hurricane, they are afraid is going to become projectiles for Milton so they are keeping the landfills open 24/7 trying to get debris out of the way.

7 Likes

Iā€™m posting a link to a site I find pretty interesting.

Havenā€™t look at it for a while and a recent article was about Alt fuels. Guess whose truck is in the first picture.

13 Likes

I honestly wonder if the people that write those articles have ever even seen a gasifier up close. I personally would never even mention the FEMA gasifier unless it was to warn readers to save their time and materials on something better.

13 Likes

If you want a screen shot of a fire place burning on your computor you donā€™t have to put it in the fire place. Just saying.:grin:

9 Likes

Just cleaned out the steel pipe chimney of all the build up from last year burning season. Very little build up from the of burning cherry wood last year. Should be good to go when it gets cold enough to heat the shop area and house.
Warm here in cental Washington State, in the 70ā€™s today, still no frost yet.
Sunday I took my first hike up into the Wenatchee Mountains, the Chatter Creek hiking loop trail. It was about 5 miles hike up and over the Icicle River crossing at the walk bridges, this trail is for walking only. Thank you Yehovah God that I can a hike in your wonderful creation.

18 Likes

Discussion continues here: Life Goes On - Winter 2024

4 Likes