Life goes on - Winter 2014

Wayne, before you gasified that truck you should’a took it here

I don’t know who is crazier the drivers or the spectators.

1 Like

Hey Don .

Thanks for the video . I think I had rather watch the videos than be there in person !!

A safer way of transportation. Gasified as well.

6 Likes

You can really GO in that thing. Wonder how many miles per pound?

Still dealing with frozen drains. In this video you see the head pressure of all the water on the roof forcing it’s way out of the clean out. By the signs of the outside wall of the building, it was shooting out over 8’. For some reason I gave the date of March 26…?

Wow Mr. Wayne. Up in this part of the country it is only the big “rich” farmers that can afford those new disk mowers. I could have never afforded the " self wearing guards"
Carl; That looks like a neat setup, bbuuutttt, I use to haul heavy equipment on a trailer that had two ramps I had to back down on. It is not easy to back up knowing you are about to fall 3 ft. and you can’t see the ramps to know if you are going to hit them straight. I dumped a backhoe a couple of times. Once you commit to going down you can NOT touch the brakes — I did and the front tires came off the ground and the hoe turned sideways and went down.
JO; Just last week I saw a YouTube of a guy setting a speed record in a “toilet seat” cart. 53 MPH
Don; I haven’t driven a front wheel drive that much but I thought when they went into a corner and the back-end started to come around, you punched the gas and the front wheels would pull the rear back into line. Those cars looked like they needed a lot of weight “jacked” into the back to tighten it down. Seeing most cars now days are front wheel drive I think NASCAR should give up the old rear drive. THAT would give all the teams something knew to work on.TomC. Starting to snow— suppose to get 4 inches tonight. I would complain but I just got back from a trip to New Orleans and found that there is a hell of a lot of places I would dis like more than here.

Tax time! The IRS is making it real easy this year.

2 Likes

Hey Chris ,

I think that is the from I have been using for the last 50 years :worried:

OOOh! Now I understand :smile:

I´ve for some time visited the forum every other day without logging in. I was beginning to wonder if nearly all projects were at standstill - just like mine. I didn´t realise premium topics don´t show at all when not logged in - haha.

Now I have lot´s of additional lurking to catch up with - good and bad. My armchair will wear down faster than welding sticks an woodpile.

JO

2 Likes

Thank God I don’t have any trilateral contracts involving my trading parties and the IRS. I don’t work in or for the United States. I don’t have a Social Security Number; I don’t want one, and I don’t need one. I am a free man.

1 Like

I am owned by the builderberg group.

I burned a several sacks of wood today. About 300 miles in two different trucks and now I hear my bed calling my name and if I don’t fall to sleep in this chair I am headed it’s way .

BBB

3 Likes

Here’s a pro-quality welder in Nashville for $1000:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/for/4956307209.html

These are some of the monsters left from my splitting all day Saturday.(3 foot Diameter) I feel every muscle. The power company took this down in late January as they did all down my street. The sugar maple was planted in 1946 by my dad, along with dozens more on my double lot. I wrestled 3 foot diameter by 18 inch sections through a 26 ton vertical splitter. 3 pieces have yet to be subdued by my Jonsered. Incidentally, the same year all these saplings were planted, my Dad was given a new 1946 Oldsmobile by the Federal government with a new feature called automatic transmission. It was hard to press a clutch when the Germans swiss cheesed your lower left leg.

6 Likes

This post is to extend my gratitude to everyone here. I am able to make things I never thought of prior to joining this site. I do owe this to all of you.
The muffler on our pump trailer gave out and was really loud. We use this in parking ramps in Mpls so you can imagine what it’s like in one of those.
A new muffler for this cost $800. I reluctantly grabbed one of the junk small water heater tanks I procured for a gasifier and built a new muffler.
It is now quieter than it has ever been. I would have never thought of doing this before.
Old muffler:

New and improved Binford 2000

7 Likes

bill after a while you will find its easer to just make something verse search all over dealing with people that don’t have a clue and still not getting what you really want that drives me nuts .build on

3 Likes

Hey Bill .

When the going get tough, the tough gets going .

Good on ya !!

2 Likes

Hello Bill
Good job on the muffler. I don’t know about you but when I can do things that save me money I like that, but the gratification I get from knowing I built it far outweighs the savings.

5 Likes

Busy Busy Bill :o) … Have a nice Easter all … I hope you guys down Wayne’s and Chris’ way can dry out … We could use some rain here … It’s cold and windy here this morning. It’s up to 34 and I think Wayne would still be in the house … Keep on diggin Bill … (The Drain King) … Regards, Mike