Life goes on - Winter 2014

This post is to extend my gratitude to everyone here. I am able to make things I never thought of prior to joining this site. I do owe this to all of you.
The muffler on our pump trailer gave out and was really loud. We use this in parking ramps in Mpls so you can imagine what it’s like in one of those.
A new muffler for this cost $800. I reluctantly grabbed one of the junk small water heater tanks I procured for a gasifier and built a new muffler.
It is now quieter than it has ever been. I would have never thought of doing this before.
Old muffler:

New and improved Binford 2000

7 Likes

bill after a while you will find its easer to just make something verse search all over dealing with people that don’t have a clue and still not getting what you really want that drives me nuts .build on

3 Likes

Hey Bill .

When the going get tough, the tough gets going .

Good on ya !!

2 Likes

Hello Bill
Good job on the muffler. I don’t know about you but when I can do things that save me money I like that, but the gratification I get from knowing I built it far outweighs the savings.

5 Likes

Busy Busy Bill :o) … Have a nice Easter all … I hope you guys down Wayne’s and Chris’ way can dry out … We could use some rain here … It’s cold and windy here this morning. It’s up to 34 and I think Wayne would still be in the house … Keep on diggin Bill … (The Drain King) … Regards, Mike