Michigan Meet and Greet

Well Sean, I’m missing a couple of things, but I gained a lot more in return from you two guys in friendship and woodgas running tips. And at a minimum I taught Wayne a dutch word and you about blue wavelengths……… Have fun on your trip back, want to BBB Doug Drost

Wayne wanted me to say HI to everyone. They will be turning the boat back south after some meetings in the morning …

It’s. Official Wayne and I are headed south. If all goes well we should be in Alabama shortly. It has been an outstanding trip!!! Can’t wait to do it again. I must have gotten to Argos a little late this time on my calendar for next year. HWWT Wayne and Sean

Sean, It’s a shame you couldn’t have made it there for our convention.
Maybe next year??

The “boys” made it back to Alabama around 2 AM …

Hi Sean, maybe a little late but I am glad you could make it. :slight_smile:

Just one more leg son.

Hello all,

I have a lot of catching up to do and will be posting some pics and videos.

The dakota ran great, and was able to get 100 miles per hopper fill when we were using good wood. We drove just under 1600 miles but ran out of wood the last hundred miles.

We were able to drive the 700 miles home in 15 hours, this includes fuel stops and eating stops and also some bad weather.

The picture below is Sean French and Don Mannes warming from the flame. Also Doug Drost, Henry Austin and his friend Jay (I think, Sorry I am bad about remembering names)

Wayne sent these pics. I made them into a short video.

Sean took some video while we were on the road Thursday, we also was in a storm in Rochester Indiana Tuesday morning but got no video of it.

A great range of environmentally friendly vehicle, after the demonstration that oil is not a fatalitée.

Error, I meant that there are solutions when a depleted oil.

I’m staying at a hotel Monday night and will try to catch the video then … Have to do the parade on Sunday here yet … Cute pictures !! … ML

Hello all,

Sorry I haven’t post much but Sean and I have been busy.

Ron,
Thanks for the wood and it was great getting to see you and Ronda again. I was just a little short on wood getting back home and had to run the tuck a few miles on gasoline but I don’t think it hurt it. I used much more wood at the event than I had prepared for. All day Wednesday and part of the day Thursday I was showing the truck flare , idling or taking people for rides. I might not move the truck for a while but if I flare it every hour or so it still uses fuel.

Don, Doug, Henry, Jay. It was a pleasure to get to spend the day with ya.
Doug thanks for leaving your hat in the truck. It will be worn on the Florida east coast. I am still practicing how to pronounce your name. I just say the word frost a few times before I try.

The little truck ran great coming home cruising in the 60-70 mph range and did well going up all the hills. Running at those speeds we were able to break the 100 mile per hopper load when using good wood. I think we could have held higher cruising speeds of 5 -10 mph and fairly sure of it if not pulling a trailer. About 1/4 to 3/8 throttle was all I was asking of the truck while cruising.

Along about Nashville Sean thought I was losing my mind when I poured in a gallon of water in the gasifier just before I reloaded it.??? ( we will get into that later as folks are driving their gasifiers further ,because I think it might confuse them now . I touched on it at Covert with Doug, Henry and gang but I was so tired I think my brain was shot and my have been confusing)

The 700 miles home took us about 17 hours which includes eating stops and taking some pictures at one of Mike L favorite sites at the rocket display. (Picture below)

Sean loaded up his ford and headed for Florida a couple hours ago (pics below)

Also Sean made a short video clip of us playing with the V-10 this morning in rough terrain. Ten minutes earlier we were doing 80 on the big road. (Slight down grade)

Here are my rocket pictures from 2010
http://www.intergate.com/~mlarosa/images/woodgas/rocket-science-1.jpg
http://www.intergate.com/~mlarosa/images/woodgas/rocket-science-2.jpg
Party on dudes !!!
http://www.intergate.com/~mlarosa/images/woodgas/alabama-rains.jpg
and what it looked like at Wayne’s when Sean and Bruce were supposed to come up

Here are a few videos of Sean driving back to Florida from Wayne’s. Keep an eye on the middle digital temp gauge that measures the grate temps. It is no where near overheating at that speed. The left gauge is the gas temp as it leaves the gasifier, and the right gauge is the hopper temp. He is loaded with about 500 lbs.wood and rolling along nicely for that full size truck with a small V6.

He called me at 9:30 last night as he passed by and was headed down to another farm show in Orlando.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beIydmJnLvc&list=UUyIvdreCr2dIwKUxR19kkEQ&index=1&feature=plcp 5:40 PM just getting near the FL border.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB3Lw3qVcHI&list=UUyIvdreCr2dIwKUxR19kkEQ&index=2&feature=plcp 12 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am7oSuGuMaA&list=UUyIvdreCr2dIwKUxR19kkEQ&index=3&feature=plcp 11am just after the left Wayne’s farm.

Thanks for taking him Wayne.

Hi Bruce, I plan to be in high speed land tomorrow night and am charging the laptop … Hope to get caught up then … Mike

Hey there Wayne, yeah I guess I did forget that hat in your truck. It’s a real breathable hat that my wife sewed in a string because I used to lose it in the river on canoe trips from a wind gust and then have to chase it for a while. I’ll get another one. But I want to see that hat at the next woodgas meet so that Sean will match me. And the Blublockers glasses of course. Doug Drost from the land of frost……

Hello to ALL,
I am finally back home at my computer it was a great adventure!!! And very nice to be able to have the opportunity to meet all of you finally.
I left Alabama and headed to Orlando for another show(more on that later pics. coming soon =) I just can’t get over how much fun driving on wood is.
On my way back from Orlando yesterday I snapped some pics. driving through Daytona Beach then Bunnell at the truss plant. Stopped by the auto dealer
where I bought the f-150 in 2004 I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone noticed if it was running on wood they didn’t. A storm was rolling in I had seconds to refuel without getting soaked.

Thanks again to Wayne and his family for the invite and for the wonderful hospitality.

Doug your hat and glasses are still here with me I will ride over to the beach soon and get a pic. on the east coast.
HWWT Sean