New type of retort. Aka a WA. Smoker

Dave you could also just build a regular gasifier hearth but use extended removable pipe nozzles. Kristijan used his scaled down WK hearth from another project with no restriction and it ran decent.

One thing Kristijan did with his Double flute was make a full jacketed hopper like an Imbert, gives it room for expansion to cool and drop heavier soot.

5 Likes

Cody, i saw Kristijans small gasifier on his mower fantastic build and as i said i have 2 type’s of units i want to build as soon as i get my shop sealed up and finished Kristijans almost wood burning hearth will also get done at some point in time , but to be honest time is ticking by for me and i have something in my head i just need to finish first so i can get back to lighting and walking away , also in my head i bolstering up my charcoal with maybe some wood chips , but that’s not set in stone yet i shall see how i get on once the rain and workshop get done .
Dave

9 Likes

In the fall of the year weather permitting meaning no heavy rain fall. We have been having a lot of gathering with family and friends. Because of the this my retort has been used as charcoal storage and quenching of water after the evenings fires. Fill it up with live charcoal dump a 5 gallon bucket of water on it and cover it up. The steam does the rest. There is water also in the bottom area where the charcoal and ashes are removed.

A half 5 gallon bucket of good ashes.

Garbage can of fresh made cherry wood charcoal from the fire pit.
Not going to get to drive the truck to day to busy picking up the falling leafes, at least I blew the leafes out of the back bed.

Still lots of leafes to go into the gardens for composting.

Some of the leafes have not turned yellow yet.
What a beautiful day The YEHOVAH Almighty God has blessed us with. Thank You YEHOVAH in your Word Yesuha Your Son.

10 Likes

The fire pit is loaded up with wood and is ready to light. More charcoal to put into the retort to finish and store. I need more barrels.

10 Likes

Let charcoal making start. Should have a big pile by tomorrow.

15 Likes