Next, Case 310

I have that exact same welder. Great machine. I do notice the wire sticks every once in a while on lower settings, but if I move the cable around a little, it frees up. I haven’t had a chance to play with the tig yet.

As I’ve only ever used flux core I’m still kinda getting use to it… seems to work pretty good.

What size wire are you running in yours Bill?

Arv, you’re my hero being able to build the stuff you have with only flux core.
I am using .30

Another Tractor awesome!
That’s the same welder I bought. I got mine back under the Thermal arc name. The 211i. Its okay. I am glad to have a dual voltage machine that can do stick and MiG. I did like the Mig charactaristics of my Lincoln 180 Dual a bit better though. Maybe it was the wire brand I was using maybe something else but I liked its welding characteristics better. Easier a little nicer looking. Ive run a 30lb spool of .023 and a 30 spool of .030. For gasifier building I liked the .023 better. I could do a lot more intricate work with out it looking messy.

LOL… thanks Bill.

I’m running my welding supplies brand of .035… I’ve always been a go big or go home kinda guy. I’ve done a couple of bead plates and it seems to work pretty good. I’ve also welded some 18ga galvanized steel with it… I was surprised how much I could turn the heat up and not burn through it… I think once I get on a project I’ll learn how to use this welder… hope to start the next gasifier shortly.

I suggest you do, I have always used .035 in my Hobart until I started welding all of this thin gage and I will never go back, I thought I had a new welder, everything “worked” better!

If your wire is sticking and you can pop it loose by moving gun around…use more “dip” Just a couple of things I’ve pick up over the years!

I get you there Herb, pretty much everything I weld is 1/8" or bigger… I will at some point get some smaller wire to try.

Your .035 will work just fine, when you are working with 18ga and under you need .023 although it works fine on the larger stuff to, especially on the smaller 110 machines.

Once you get used to your new no-core machine you will want to take your flx-core machine out back and throw rocks at it!

so we finally were able to go get the case… it’s in the shop and slowly being stripped a little at a time…

it does turn over (carb is off so we didn’t try starting it), and the electrics have been switched over to 12v… I have a bunch of wiring to go through before I’ll see if it runs… well, a carb rebuild as well…

I need to make a gas tank as well as the original is long gone, previous owner said it was rotten through and through.

We do plan on doin a bit of a repaint as well… may as well make it look somewhat nicer if we’re gonna put one of our units on it…

Previous owner was gonna put a loader on it… whole bunch of extra steel on the old girl, at least saddle bags for the gasser and final filter are kinda already started.

This one will take longer than the last, but what a great opportunity. This one will be difficult letting go out the door when you’re finished.
You’ll have to let us know what you think of that new welder.
Keep the pictures coming

this one is for the shop, but like most things… if someone really wants it… we’d sell it.

May have a 8n coming in in a bit as well… we’ll see if and when it gets here.

Come on, don’t be cheep with the Pics… Walk around video :slight_smile:
TerryL

Yeah, what Terry said.

Hey you video nuts us 2nd class folks just happy with the stills that he does put up.
I know, I know, you just like hearing him talk.
S.U.

case tractor pics

Case 310 utility tractor

2.4L engine, 4 spd triple range transmission, converted to 12 v neg. ground.

Hey ArvidO. Nice picture set. Thanks.
Is that casting just below the radiator the steering box or a front of engine pump?
Thanks
Steve Unruh

steering gear…

Looking Good!
Thanks for posting Arv.

putting the hood tin on so I can figure out how to mount the cooler when i build it.

hey, found a hornets nest… just happens to be in the side i was carrying.