Ron Holmack Legacy Scholarship: DONATE NOW

Hey Cody.

I’m in if we can get someone computer savvy ( maybe Chris ) to set up the gofundme account

4 Likes

I agree with asking Chris to set it up. He’s definitely a better wordsmith than me and might have some good ideas to pitch.

4 Likes

How does this Gofund be thing even work? Heard about it many times but never took a deep dive.
Plese dont laugh guys, lm a total idiot when it comes to electronic things :smile:

5 Likes

I heard that they take a slice of moneys raised , i could be wrong its just what i was told , so if you were planning on something along those lines amongst us members then why not keep all the money and get donations sent straight to a paypal account or some other form of banking .
Dave

11 Likes

I agree, let’s keep all the money towards the recipient. DOW has acted as treasurer in the past, we can do that again.

I will keep a tally of donations sent to the DOW Paypal here: (Currently $1090)

12 Likes

Thanks for doing this Chris, it made it really easy, even for an old fart like me!

GC

11 Likes

You folks are really generous. Keep it going!

Reminds me of a scene from an old movie:

11 Likes

And for others I am sure the mail will work just fine too.
Mine will be cash in the mail thank you.

Drive On Wood
924 Chestnut Dr.
Frankfort, KY 40601

Steve unruh

13 Likes

Thanks for posting the address SteveU. I only deal in cash myself.

10 Likes

I’ve got 600 bucks put away so far, getting paid every two weeks slows that down. Still shopping around with the shipping brokers.

9 Likes

Keep us informed Cody, no time for anything and no money either (how is that possible with my working hours?), but I will help you get your things transported.

Btw, glad to hear I am nog the only one with the feeling standing in a bucket of mud and not able to move. :grinning: Shared pain is half pain.

8 Likes

Joep, something is not right. With all that work you shouldn’t have time to spend money either.
May I offer a suggestion? Slow down - sleep in - stay in bed until noon - have your wife keep you warm - and you will save on both heating cost and breakfast :grin:

13 Likes

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
Another reason go up north. Mmm, dont know what she thinks.

7 Likes

We’ve now collected over a thousand dollars for Cody. Great work everyone, keep up the generous donations! With your help, we’ll get that truck moved south in no time.

See the donation link above.

9 Likes

Very happy to read this, congratulations again Cody!

Whish i had contributed myself, but as a, maybe, paranoid guy i don’t trust paypal and stuff :roll_eyes: and Cody would have no use of a envelope of Swedish “toy-money” which probably would have arrived in like august anyway.

I got some ideas, whit this truck, you should “spread the message” about woodgas, right?
You are like this trucks “trustee”?
Maybe start out “simple”? Get a “dedicated” youtube channel for the truck? Name it something that indicates “green fuel” or “historical fuel”?
Absolutely not “free fuel” or “tax-free fuel” :smiley:

No one craves perfect quality videos, just some short once in a while, unloading the truck, get it up and running, wood preparation.
And: important, some discreet stickers on the truck whit the youtube channel name.
Just to the positive attention, like a woodgas truck “diary”?
Maybe a good way to honor Ron’s work?
If this spreads positively you could count on to be invited to show the truck at, like schools.

12 Likes

Moving this topic back to the top. We have newer members who may not have seen it.

Remember folks, we’re trying to get this truck moved from Idaho to North Carolina. Every penny goes towards those expenses. If you’ve already donated, thank you! If you’ve not seen this before, read the thread above and see what we’re trying to do. Spring is here, and it’ll be time to travel north very soon.

8 Likes

I’ve been thinking to prioritize getting the truck over here, and maybe ask one of the guys in Washington to hold onto the trailer? I could pay for their gas money.

It would be the cheapest option I think. We can plan on another way of getting the chunker trailer later on down the road.

8 Likes

Just got off the phone with Adrianne, we’ve got a lot squared away save for the transportation itself.

If any of you guys have some connections for shipping or transporting in any way please let me know. For better details the chunker trailer is 13 feet long. I’m still saving up, I’ve matched what has been put in so far by everyone’s generous donations and I think by the time it’ll be best to move in the summer I should hopefully have doubled that.

She asked her local UHaul and it seems like it could cost as much as I got quoted from the website, no surprise there. Would cost just as much to get it shipped when you factor in fuel and other travel costs.

@SkyForum you’re a wrecker driver, do you know any long haul transporters? Preferably someone that can move both. I just need a tight ballpark estimate of the cost to move both the Dakota and the 13’ trailer from Sandpoint ID to Kings Mountain NC.

5 Likes

you might look for big companies near you that send 18 wheelers cross county. Next to us there is a massive cabinet operation. they send trucks cross county all the time many times they give a good price to pick up a load and bring it home when they are traveling empty. I have heard of it done never done it myself. Does that 875 offer still stand because that sounds like a steal for that trip?

5 Likes

Here in Australia its called back loads , you can normally get a very good deal on booking a return load in advance of the transport operators getting a booking to that area , when they get a job in that area they should be able to pull up your job and work a good deal on it , as long as your in no rush and they can slot your job in .
Dave

4 Likes