Ron Holmack Legacy Scholarship: DONATE NOW

The 875 was too good to be true, I looked up that company’s BBB reviews and it’s a bait & switch that they pull.

Some of the companies that I’ve looked at were definitely not local but have many offices. I just now found one located in the nearest big city to me. Hopefully they’ll give me a good quote. I’ll mention Back Loading to them, I’ve heard about it before. I know they’ve done cross country before because one review mentions a Chicago to North Carolina shipment.

4 Likes

The locally based brokers contacted me and gave me a solid quote for $3875 to move both the truck and trailer. I won’t have to pay until they go pick them up so I’ll have time to continue saving. If I cut my paychecks in half and keep putting it away I should have more than enough.

If locked in for pickup in early August I could feasibly save up the rest and have some breathing room for fixing up the truck. I may take PTO to focus on the Dakota once it arrives. This truck being a 1994 year model is an honest blessing since it won’t require prying eyes yearly inspections now that it’s a 30 year old vehicle.

10 Likes

Thought I should add another update, Adrianne is still looking for a more affordable option and she has a lead on one currently.

Edit:

July 29:

Another-another update Marcus Norman talked to his brother, who lives within driving distance to Sandpoint, about giving the Dakota a good once-over and fix anything that would prevent me safely driving it cross-country.

I do plan to fly out there and drive the truck and trailer back home, it seems like the most cost effective option after exhausting shipment options. Moving the truck and trailer would cost me as much as moving two vehicles since the trailer takes up as much space as a car. There’s also always the worry about the truck being damaged in transportation.

I would like to maybe visit some Woodgassers on the way from Idaho to North Carolina that I might never get another chance to see in person. Slight detours at best. I don’t have a date set on when I’ll be heading out there, that depends on how long it takes for Marcus’ brother to get the Dakota in tip top shape and he’s a busy man. I have no problems being on his time because he’s got a full time job and a family to take care of, can’t rush a good job.

15 Likes

Keep us posted Cody, this is good progress. Once you’re ready to get a ticket we will close the donations and send them your way.

Until then… everyone who hasn’t donated yet, please do contribute what you can. The link below may say “Donate to Drive On Wood” but ALL proceeds are going directly to Cody. Thanks!

9 Likes