The DriZzleR - open top gasifier

that fluidized bed incenerator that you were talking about mitubishi is nothing like our unit the one we were talking about had a solid base full of holes the sand floated on a cushion of air the sand didnt go into the bottom chamber. the inner chamber heated the blown air to combustion tempture. so the air coming into the base chamber was heated the same tempture as the bed. and as one cooled the other also cooled the only thing that was not at tempture was the fuel. it was started by a burner to bring everything to temp. then it was self containing. if the bed was cooled to low the bed just popped out . no fire then it would have to be reheated not just the bed but the whole unit as it was all at same temp. as i said it was a complicated machine if you can find rocky or his dad probly deceased by now his dad was in his middle age when i was 22. rocky might be able to describe the workings of the machine better than i. he was the one who made it work first he told me how to do it and i thank him for that information. it would have taken month if not years to figure it out . that is the reason many minds are better than one alway was and always will be. When men after the flood tried to build the tower of babble the lord changed there speech he said if all men were of one mind nothing would be beyound them. this saying has proven true may times in my past and still being proven even today. just by talking with every one on these forums my mind has jumped to a new level.

3 Likes

as i have said before i dont need tar free gas just very very little tar as i probly will not run a motor . but i have a idea for a motor that can use slightly dirty gas, low speed running a alternator then turned back into DC. i could use heat to run a motor steam both water or organic or even a turbine turning at low speed. i know a lot of thing as i have studied a lot of different things.

4 Likes

Mazda RX7 or 8 motor. This gas maybe a good fuel for the rotary as it is very fast burning.

3 Likes

ya maybe the mazda but does the fuel burn that fast i was thinking more along the line of the old johndeere 2 cylinder tractor engine. somtimes new is not better. this old motor slow takes in a lot of air heavy fly wheel etc. loose valves the rotory has a long burn surface. mmmm. but how would the sliders take tar and or dust?? i was thinking produce power plus heat from exhaust water jacket etc. just thinking

3 Likes

I dont know about CO but I have played with pure Hydrogen or HHO and it burns extremely fast like lightening. This is literally the very second I lit the tube. The tube is the stream leading up to the vessel I launched into the air.

4 Likes

I always liked those old 2 cylinder John deere engines, possiby the best gas engines of their kind ever made.

Excellent pyrotechnics!

4 Likes

i was told co has a low burn speed and it likes low speed motors for most power but as you say hho is hydrogen with oxidizer mixed in the flame speed is over 1,000 ft per second . if you run a motor on that you have to put your timing at top dead centre or a couple of degrees after so you dont get back roll and breaking of the rod. i was told to bubble it through acitone or gas and it will slow the speed to near normal . hho was known a the gas for atomic welding . you are either very brave or like the rest of us not very smart you could have killed your self. we have all done that though

3 Likes

i worked in a mine and i was the blaster we had a line fuse called b line it burned at a rate of 20, or 25,000 ft per sec. it could go from the mine to sudbury the nearest city 160 km. and back in one min. i used it every day. i think back now i go what was i thinking…

3 Likes

Nah I was very far away from this. Hydrogen has some very weird properties when it oxidizes like that. This is all happening inside a two litter bottle. This is a single frame shown from a 60 fps camera. This is the best of the three stills you get of the actual flash. But you see how it looks like a tiny atomic bomb going off there. Yet its actually inside that 2 ltr bottle. Ive also seen static discharge from doing this. It looked like small lightening not 100% sure I was seeing but that is what it looked like.

2 Likes

ya it looks somthing like a small atomic bomb going of that is how fast it burns 1 frame you got the tube burning the bottle burning and the explosion imagone how fast that is i could look up the speed but lets just say ffffffast . think what that can do in a motor. when you use that in a motor i hope you have check valves and bubble it through water check valves i was told are not fast enough for flash back. and the way it is made the flash back can burn right into the electro cell. i havent done much work on hho but that is what i have been told by the experts

1 Like

What you described 9and what he is trying to do) was a fluidized bed, the air pressure makes the sand act more like a liquid. It is an incinerator not a gasifier. The fine line is whether you are extracting the gases or just trying to burn everything up with excess oxygen.

I read that mother earth article when I was a kid. I vaguely recall and I could be incorrect but I think he got a cease and desist letter from a company, most likely mitsubishi for patent infringement.

1 Like

hho runs motors as you say, adjusting the timeing and bublers help adding cool water. I ran a geo metro on low idle on 30 lpm, but off the wall power consumed about 220 volts and 30 amps. Not near enough power from motor too make that many watts, Hence why i went on too build the WK HWWT-Wood Gasified trucks.

4 Likes

sean i dont know about that i never heard about anything like that. but it worked well and as i said earlier it was not a gasifier it burned what ever was put in it . but with a large amount of excess air witch drop efficency their were large units 6 to 8 feet diamater workrd well i have talked with a lot of makers of those machines all on a freindly bases. some were even willing to help build them in canada but the goverment said no. the only reason i droped it is would take to much work to develop in that small of a size and they didnt want the product .

1 Like

ya kevin i had a geo metro good motor i looked at hho for welding a few years ago it takes a lot of power but it is hot will burn through nearly anything if done right but took more power than it produced. nice to try though

2 Likes

Hi Larry, I have proven that a wood gasifier making good wood gas can and will run a engine up and beyond 4000 rpms. With power going to the the wheels on the pavement. It is all in how you set up your timing and air to Wood gas mixing. If I have to much air or gas it will not work. A V8 engine works great with a WK Gasifier.
Bob

4 Likes

it burns as fast a gasoline ok. i was under the impresion it was slow burning sorry. does it burn as fast or do you have to change the timing to get it burning longer or fires more before top dead centre also does the gas ignite as easy as gas or propane i know the misture is different.

1 Like

Yes they at least make a nice torch, in tight spots it will heat only the area of the small flame,Quite well indeed. I have a 120 plate 9 by 9" plates 1/2 inch gasket 1/8" thick. just needs a coulple gasket leaks fixed too make usefull as torch.I pumped the electrolite through it intoo an 1/8" thich ss plate bubler can, about 8" by 10" then into a large water filter bubler.Held up ok too flash backs.

3 Likes

Yes you have to adjust the timing about 45 degrees before tdc to run on wood gas. You actually don’t have to you just get more power and it runs better if you do.

4 Likes

hi kevin how d you like the hho gererator sounds like you got a good machine what do you use as the electro lite just wondering

1 Like

jacob yes i thought that you had to turn back the timing wasnt sure how much. is that the timing under power when you push on the gas or when the motor is running at constant speed. that timing would give a motor the same approx. burn time as a low speed motor

1 Like