Throttle control?

I made one about six months ago and botched the design, which from what I’m hearing, seems to be an achievement in and of itself!!

Right now I’m trying to get through the day without getting heatstroke so that I can have the energy to build one again, it’s been around 115 about every day here.:hot_face::hot_face:

But I’m excited to start working on another one soon, especially when I have you guys to talk to about it now!!:grin::grin:

3 Likes

Hey Norman, I’ve watched a few of his videos. He’s the reason I started buying flathead engines, and use motorkote for most of my engines now!!:yum::yum:

3 Likes

Robert,
In addition to searching for Gary Gilmore, search for SimpleFire on Youtube and the DOW Forum. There is a wealth of information and builders experiences to learn from. You can learn a lot from other peoples mistakes.

5 Likes

One thing that makes me love this sight is the people will tell you what they did right but more importantly what they did WRONG.

10 Likes

Thanks Steve for the tips on both fuel and chickens… yes, we raise all our food here. Lots of wood sources too with over forty acre woodlot. As ‘stovie’ said, it has been very hot, humid and uncomfortable this entire month so flaring the gasifier has been on hold.
Soon enough it will be September and comfortable again!

3 Likes