Tractor with gas?

Goran, the engine sucks 95 octane gasoline, it works normally, only when it captures the full amount of the mixture, detonation is occasionally detected, … otherwise it is not intended for gasoline :grinning:

8 Likes

Kristjan, we have to check a lot of things when you come.

6 Likes

Joep, next summer you have to hook up a trailer for your motorhome, and we’ll load some kind of lawnmower,…:grinning:

7 Likes

Thanks. I hope so. Or really woodgassing something

6 Likes

Some clever person copied your dieseltechnics

2 Likes

Thats what i suspected, it’s very hard to tell if there is detonations in the raw sound in the video.
This is going to be a real monster on woodgas :smiley: :+1: :muscle:

7 Likes

Well done, she sounds good and rowdy!

7 Likes

Tone, what others said. Can’t wait to see (and hear) it huffing woodgas :+1:

6 Likes

Good job Tone.
Obviously, your intake valve heads clearance grinding works well.
Regards
Steve unruh

6 Likes

fantastic, tone, you are lucky that i live far away from you…i would bring all my engines to you for fix up…
interesting that the ignition system works well though it has compression like a diesel !!!

12 Likes

Giorgio, I have always had the pleasure of rebuilding engines and at the same time trying out various improvements, the first place is good sealing of the piston and piston rings, valve sealing, cleaned and sanded flow channels and, of course, a high compression ratio. This significantly increases the torque and power of the engine, and the consumption is significantly reduced, since it mostly works at partial load, where it captures on average only half of the combustible mixture and thus has an effective compression ratio of only 1:7, while in the original it only works at a cr of 1:3 , so it has a very poor efficiency. … but the distance between us is not that great, let’s say maybe 100 kg of wood, maybe a little more, if I were to install a gasifier on one of my cars :grinning:

10 Likes

Some Sunday fun with the lawnmower, starting on gasoline, then wood,…

18 Likes

This looks like very good power on wood.?

3 Likes

Did we just witness the very first ever agricultural implement woodgas fired burnout??? Righteous!!!

7 Likes

The power is very good, but the gas consumption of this engine is too low for this tractor gasifier, especially when it runs unloaded, so the gas quality changes quite quickly. The next point that I have to solve is the gas mixer, the expansion of the gases from the hot gasifier is great, so starting without gasoline is impossible, there will be some precise work for the winter evenings. Let me summarize, I have to make a smaller gasifier, make a gas mixer, … well, the power on wood gas is very good.

13 Likes

And you know we will all be eagerly awaiting for construction to commence. Bravo on that engine, the fact it has enough compression to kick back and re wind the starter chord is astounding, I have only seen that before in all out competition race chainsaws. Put a hurtin on your fingers when the handle rips through your most powerful grip, can tear up your shoulder as well do be careful friend

10 Likes

Marcus, some time ago I didn’t quite understand Kristjan, who told me when I first started the wood gas lawnmower that there was no going back from here, that I would be addicted to this for the rest of my life… well, now I have the challenge of making a small, light gasifier to wood chips, which must contain all the properties of a good gasifier, condensation of water, preheating of air, conversion of wood into ash and good gas,… and perhaps an even greater challenge, a gas mixer that will not be disturbed by fluctuating underpressure/overpressure of the gas and pulsating flow generated by a single-cylinder engine. I don’t want any membranes or electronics, just a simple mechanical construction… The charcoal gasifier is less demanding than the wood gasifier, but here the gas is inappropriately stronger, at least that’s my experience.

13 Likes

Hope you make a new thread for this, I would also like to make a small wood generator for my electric unit but don’t know how to avoid hanging etc.

12 Likes

Wow Tone, a lawnmower dragster :smile: :joy:

And what the rest said, cant wait to see the next step

5 Likes

I believe I’d fabricate some kind of Sulky to hook to that thing and let it pull me around. Course I’m old and lazy.

6 Likes