Videos not necessary wood gas related

2 Likes

DME is made from syngas.

2 Likes

This gasifier wouldn’t attract a lot of attention…

11 Likes

Another way to use wood as fuel. I saw this some years back on TV. Either Jay Leno’s Garage or Modern Marvels on the History Channel. Just like the guy says at the end of the video. Why wasn’t anything more done with this. There are a lot of other videos of various modern steam engines on Youtube as well.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=six+cylinder+steam+engine

1 Like

TomH, you must have missed this topic:

Directly to the point. We use engines to do job specific work.
Existing in thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions of get work done machines come with an existing internal combustion piston engine already.
Woodgas fueling these is the most direct way to put the work machines back to working.

External combustion systems are museum pieces. Or would need a whole supporting system re-created. Jay Leno’s Garage. His stationary historic external combustion engines get their steam from a very expensive; code enginnered, code certified, bought and built steam generator.
S.U.

5 Likes

Yup, that that was my conclusion too. Its not the engine thats the weak link in the chain, its the boiler. I think there may yet be a bunch of untapped potential in water tube boilers. The White ==> Doble boiler was a step forward. The Besler brothers repowered an airplane with one. The latest step forward, I think, was the LaMont boiler. Of course none listened to Commander LaMont, back before WWII. None except the Germans and Japanese that is. So their steamers were much faster than ours. “Lamont was very depressed that his inventions were used by the enemy and shunned in the U.S.”
But thats what Americans do. We never thought the Wright brothers had much going on either, until they went over to France and a bunch of Europeans got excited about them.
Rindert

7 Likes

If you have even shelled corn by hand you will appreciate this easily built tool.I don’t suppose those cobs would make good gasifier fuel,though I don’t know for sure, but they burn good in a wood stove.

7 Likes

I don’t suppose those cobs would make good gasifier fuel.

Tom,
It’s been done. Wayne posted this video once to show the picture most people get in their minds when he mentions running his truck on wood gas:

9 Likes

3 miles to 8 displaced gallons of cobs. Geez.

3 Likes

Here is an interesting clip, this man could be called a “fire tamer”, at his age he is as jumpy as a young man

11 Likes

Thanks for the videos Tone .

I can tell this is not his first rodeo :blush:

5 Likes

Some of you may find this interesting. Wood Carver. I’m just posting a intro video. I recommend looking at his channel if you are interested in such pursuits.

3 Likes

It will be hard for those outside the US to understand.

7 Likes

Hey Tom .

This morning my roosters started crowing an hour early . Guess they didn’t get the memo :grinning:

9 Likes

There is an old Indian saying Wayne. “Only the white man would think you can cut the top off of a blanket, sew it on the bottom and make it longer”.

13 Likes

Korean greenhouse heating system. Similar to the Rocket mass heater in my greenhouse except this one works better. I would not have put the chimney outside though.

11 Likes

This is a new one to me but I think I’ve seen pictures of the guy beating the trunk before.

7 Likes

Ok Tom you got me , i don’t understand is this a spoof movie ? or are you telling me you really do lose time :rofl:

2 Likes
5 Likes
10 Likes