Wayne's International 444 farm tractor project

Well Wayne, my lunch time co workers were teasing me about being the only woodgas vehicle possible in this state. I said not really, if you count that green Geo Tracker 5 miles away on YouTube, there’s always someone silently building one…

1 Like

:slight_smile:

1 Like

A few years back this garden spot was so sorry it wouldn’t grow a weed .

I added rotten saw dust from my mill , fed the cattle hay in the spot in winter until it gets too muddy for the tractor . I also dump the ash from the trucks in the garden spot.

Picture below shows daily picking of just the peas .

I love those black eyed and whip-poor -will peas

In the years past I have plowed the garden with renewable sources ( horse ) but am looking forward to doing it with more modern applications of renewable fuels .

BBB

2 Likes

calling bio-char: “Truck manure”

1 Like

Now there’s coffee splatter all over my monitor! I got a good chuckle out of that one!

1 Like

I have always been able to drive any of my wood burners through the Walmart parking lot without being noticed . I think that is about to change !!

Can’t wait to see this one flare late evening or night .

HWWF ( have wood will farm )

PS still have a lot of work to do , motor exhaust heat exchager , condensate tanks , and filter .

2 Likes

Like those dual chrome stacks, are you going to flair out of those? I like the whole project!

1 Like

Hello Herb,

Thanks for the comment ,

I could flare from those stacks but hardly ever flare . I stuck those stacks up there just to take a pic and see what it would look like :wink: A low hanging limb would probable wipe them out .

1 Like

Did you post somewhere about the ammo box on top that I missed? Hopper fill lid? angled for condensate runoff? Need springs yet?

1 Like

I have always been able to drive any of my wood burners through the Walmart parking lot without being noticed . I think that is about to change !!

Thanks Wayne I needed a good laugh!

1 Like

yes wayne that one will definatley stand out but I like it I put a vote in for the stacks you can always take them off if you find your self farming in the wood anyway ha. well I should go clean off the truck manure thanks carl.

1 Like

Thanks guys

Don I will get you some detailed pictures first thing in the morning .

Just shut the dakota down . Put a quick hundred on it .

HWWT

1 Like

Hey Chris,

I guess you can add another tractor to the completed list . I still have a few minor thing to do to it but I have been the last 2-3 hours bush hogging . Running great so far .

Videos to come , computer very slow .

BBB

1 Like

Man you are fast… I guess ya have had some practice!
Lookin forward to the video :slight_smile:
TerryL

1 Like

Here is just a little short one mowing the yard .

I mowed about 4 hours today and think that is the first time I ever considered it fun .

Tractor gasifier shake down . , no gasoline , wood only - YouTube

BBB

4 Likes

Wow Wayne , any idea how much wood you used and what kind? I’m trying to get an idea how my consumption compares…
Thanks, David Baillir

1 Like

Great Job Wayne!! You’re on the list for sure.

1 Like

Just to mow my old horse pasture it cost me $20

1 Like

Thanks guys for the comments .

David ,

The tractor used about half the amount I thought it would use but too soon for any consumption numbers .

The wood I was using was all pine.

BBB

1 Like

Wayne, I have a feeling the grass will get mowed a little more often than it used to. Nice job (as usual).

Gary

1 Like