Wayne's International 444 farm tractor project

You get an A+ for “tiny welding”. I destroyed several hose clamps making the distributor advance bracket!

2 Likes

Hi Wayne, that old International sounds like it was make to burn wood. It sounds really good!!

1 Like

Hello Ron ,

Thanks much for the complement .

If I can get it to operate near as good as yours and Arvid’s it will be a success.

1 Like

Hello all,

Today I hooked a trailer to the ole tractor , loaded the dakota on it and fire the dakota gasifier . I run a flex hose from the gasifier to the tractor and played with it about an hour.

It ran well , never missed a lick !

BBB

3 Likes

I love it Wayne!
I understand the the engine sizes are different therefor the the gasifier doesn’t need to be as big for the tractor. Is your intention to mount a unit on the tractor? If so, what size burn tube do you think you’ll use?
I’m excited to see the progress on this.

1 Like

Wayne are you sure you are allowed to have this much fun? Wish I was there! What kind of transmission do you have in that tractor? It sounds like an automatic. International used to have a torque amplifier but that would only shift once. Sounds like yours shifted twice.

1 Like

Hello Bill .

Yes, I will be building a gasifier for the tractor . I think it will require about 35-45 % of the gas the dakota would need. i will need to go through my junk pile and see what diameter tubes I have . I would like to find something in the 8-10 inch range . .

1 Like

Hey Don , I did have fun !! Late this afternoon I fired it up again and drove it around,

The transmission is a 8 forward and 2 reverse

BBB

1 Like

Yes Wayne, that looks like a lot of fun I wish I could have been there too !!

1 Like

Loved it, Wayne. I’m really interested in seeing an 8"-10" WK. This would be closer to the HP range I’ll be using.

1 Like

Excellent way to “experiment” on the tractor, and a gasifier at the same time.

1 Like

it could be just me, but that does seem to be the complicated way to build a trailer gasifier… that being said… I like it.

sure made me smile.

1 Like

Ha! Ha! Looks like I’ll have to tell my neighbors to start guarding their mailbox baseball bat guards from downsized WK builders!
S.U.

3 Likes

You are one genuine piece-a-work… I laughed out loud, and then laughed again.

More than worth the price of admission.

What a great idea! Go Wayne Go.

1 Like

Wayne,
Did you need to change out the constriction plate before running the tractor? If not, with the internals set up for the truck and the tractor engine being smaller, would it eventually develop problems like making tar if run too long? Or do you feel there is enough CFM’s pulling on the gasifier that it is not a worry?

1 Like

Good Morning to all,

Thanks folks for all the nice comments.

Bill, I didn’t change the restriction before running the tractor . If I had planed on running the tractor several hours I would have changed the restriction . The tractor is too small to bring the gasifier up to good operating temp. It wood be like the truck idling for a long period .

I knew the gasifier was left in a good state from previous drives and good deep char bed . With a good char bed it is OK to run for a while at low draw because you are using the char which will be clean .

1 Like

That was just to cool on so many levels!
I think you could make one awesome TV show.
Sounds REALLY GOOD!
That Tally is one lucky young man.
Great stuff Mr Wayne.

TerryL

1 Like

I have to agree with Terry. I’m sure Tally knows how lucky he is, some of his friends are probably even envious.

While I was watching the video, the wife came in and her immediate comment was “that looks like something you would do”. That’s the nicest thing she’s said in a fortnight!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wayne

With all of the fun you’ve been having with the new tractor did you get to test the ignition advance to see if it made any difference?

Marvin

1 Like

Hello Marvin ,

Yes I advanced the time and it made a distinct difference. All the video above are with the timing in the advanced mode . .

1 Like