Wayne's V-10 Ram

Looking good Wayne K , keep them vidios rolling along, every VIDIO reminds me how lucky i am too have met you and your wood gas design and team. Thanks for all your posted vidios. It take some time and chuncking tools too learn the 75 percent, i am Glad i am in that learning phase here at DOW.

6 Likes

Hello Wayne
Just got done watching your video. It sure is cool to see how smooth you cruise down the road without missing a beat. I have been searching DOW web sites looking for information on which is the best truck to woodgas and correct me if I’m wrong but it looks like the 92-95 Dakota with the 318 is the best. I have run across a 97 Dakota with a 318 engine but from what I’m reading it sounds like it would have an OBDll which is not recommended.I would appreciate your thoughts about the 97 Dodge Dakota.

3 Likes

Hello Conrad.

Thanks for the nice comments .

1992 - 96 dakotas are my choice but you can go later if the motor is a 318 or 360. If you go on up to 97 - 99 and maybe later there is a shock absorber that will need relocating .

Kevin DeLonay has a 97 dakota that is running great . A video of his truck can be found at wood supply post 1781

5 Likes

Thank’s Wayne

I appreciate the fast response.

1 Like

Sunday afternoon idling around in the work truck

10 Likes

Good evening Wayne Keith, Thanks for sharring your wood gas driveing experiance, and your excellent design, its all a good proven design. MY WK design gasifier is still working good. even though i built it like a tank, the design still works very well. And nothing at all like driveing with out petro. And running as good as it does on wood converted gas.

6 Likes

Out working the wood burner this morning :grinning:

6 Likes

I was in a rush trying to get the hay hauled to the barn ( about a 10 mile round trip ) and racing a thunder storm .

I got all the hay rolled of the trailer just out side the barn and also got the tractor hauled home for stacking the hay inside when the thunder storm hit . Maybe better luck next time .:grinning:

IMG_0921

6 Likes

Thanks Mr. Steve .

The winds that came with the storm was near 40 mph :roll_eyes:

The hay is in the barn now . I expect some to mold .

5 Likes

The weather has not treated farmers in the SE very nice this year.
I thought your barn was a drive through?
But maybe plugged up with all the wood chunks!

4 Likes

Hello All.

I haven’t been doing a lot of posting but have been burning a lot of wood!!

I didn’t want to bore anyone with more videos but have run about 300 pounds of wood through my work truck just over the weekend hauling in hay , moving equipment and running back and forth to the hay fields which is about a 10 mile round trip .

By using the wood I may have saved myself 15-20 gallons of petrol :grinning:

Wood is not free but it is inexpensive ( around here ) and I get to control it :grinning:

We had some wind to come through a couple of days ago and laid down a big white oak :disappointed_relieved: in rock throwing distance of my wood chucker . The tree is big enough to fuel my trucks a couple years . :grinning:

11 Likes

Don’t wait too long to give us that V 10 rumble fix. I never tire of that sound.

10 Likes

Like $100 bills falling from the sky, right down your pocket :smile:
Very satisfying feeling taking advantage of situations like that. Why I’m still collecting young birches already knocked down by the power company last fall. Did one more batch today.
A 10 min DOW trip there (which I don’t mind), an hour of hatchet work, another 10 min DOW home and 15 min of running the rebak. All together $150 worth of motor fuel prepered in less than 2 hours.
Not to mention all the fun. The kind of work I like to do while I take a rest :smile:
What Don said: Don’t wait too long.

9 Likes

Sounds oakay to me, Wayne.

1 Like

It has been hot in Dixie !! Heat warning a few days this week but have been going wide open . Rough on us old folks :disappointed_relieved:

8 Likes

WTWB = WORKING THE WOOD BURNER. Love that sound!

4 Likes

Hi Wayne hope you ac works good along with fresh cool water tap. Enjoy dry weather, and i agree with Don Manns, that is one good sounding V10 muffler heat exchanger preheater.

4 Likes

Good morning Wayne Keith just woundering how many miles on the v10 theses days while wood gas motoring from your HAVE WOOD WILL TRAVEL DESIGN. GASIFIER,THANKS.

2 Likes

Good morning Kevin.

The odometer only works about half the time on the old truck so I have to estimate the mileage . 50 thousand would be my best estimate :grinning:.

5 Likes

Been real busy in the hay fields cutting and rolling hay .

The ole wood burner has really been earning its keeps .

6 Likes