Woodgas videos from around the world

Trying to figure out if that truck has the tires crooked on the rimw or if the tierod ends are loose. :grimacing:

4 Likes

It’s an AA Ford clone, the kingpins have no bushings so they basically wear themselves out. Also uses transverse front axle leaf spring and doesn’t appear to have dampeners.

6 Likes

Omstallningsresan has a new video out, a turbocharged Volvo! No subtitles available so we’ll just have to learn Swedish, guys.

10 Likes

It seems it was not running right, because someone was video it. RIGHT?
Bob

7 Likes

Haha, I also got the feeling it usually runs much better without the camera.
I met this guy at a meetup 5 or 6 years ago. It seems he made a few improvments since. I brought the Rabbit pickup at the time.

9 Likes

I don’t think this was shared to this particular thread. I’ll just link the comment here. Marcio from Brazil.

Here’s another video from Marcio, testing the gasifier and showing his drawing.

He uses an interesting drop box/rough filter combination. Drop box has baffles to dwell a little and drop heavy particles, and then uses a metal screen. Gas is then cooled and looks like it’s ran through an automotive paper tube filter.

5 Likes
8 Likes

Scandinavian guys sure do love to have a big hopper sitting proud above the cab! Must not go very fast to worry about it catching wind.

5 Likes

It looks like he uses this truck on the farm from in the hay fields, wraped in white plastic bails.
I Would of like to see it started and running. LP tanks in the back seat? Not running gasoline?
The clean out hatch door was interesting , the turn able grate for shaking it. The exit gas out of the gasifier looked like it was coming out at the grate level or above the grate. The plate he removed must direct the gases down through the grate. Very tall cyclone filter into cooling rails then to the filter? And down to condenation tank up front?
I was a little confused under the hood in the engine compartment.
This video is prove under the hood there are more than one Mike LaRosa in this world. And duck tape is univeral in it uses and international in the world of gasification.
Bob

8 Likes

I have no clue what language is being spoken, but I could swear that was a Honda gx series carburetor ductaped in place in the engine bay, which I am assuming is being fed the propane??

3 Likes

After watching the video again it appears the round grate goes to the inter wall with a little clearance all the way around so the smaller charcoal must go through the grate then up around and out up into the cyclone. When he put the plate out the charcoal was much bigger falling of the top of the grate. I wonder if he has a manual shaking devise in the cab of the truck? (I edited the above post).
Bob

Owner of the channel is Swedish, so most likely they’re speaking swedish. I think he knows a little English or uses a translator.

Okay. And the LP gas hose just in front of the carberator intake the hose held with duct tape, no air filter, thats not good. I think that truck is a 6 clinder.
Bob

1 Like

I found another video same person. He just talked about the truck and gasifier like before. No driving it
Bob

1 Like

That’s disappointing. I was afraid to upload any videos of my stuff before I knew it could at least run the engine on idle.

2 Likes

The guy in the video is not the youtube channel owner.

1 Like

Yeah the owner of Omställningresan drives the harlequin painted station wagon. He shows a lot of the progress he makes, repairs etc.

2 Likes

I am sure it runs good but he has not shown it in a video that I have found yet, still looking.
Bob

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=Omställningsresan
Yes, he is from Sweden, Örebro is the name of the city, he has been driving for over 20 years and builds units for customers, just asked me how I close the petrol pump, because we have the same car.
The omställningsresan comes up to me on 29/7, on his way to Sollefteå, it is a long journey, I think he will meet JO as well.

9 Likes

What @Jan said. Also, Lars Toresson has several driving videos on Facebook. Claimed top speed with this particular setup is 75 mph on 100% woodgas.
The ductaped propane is experimental, just a test, but obviously worked good. The 12 hp Honda snowblower carb, same thing. An option if you’re converting a carbed vehicle.

Edit: And yes, the plan is for Niklas to arrive July 29 to make a video for his channel.

8 Likes