Woodgased BCS walkbehind

i have had a sparkplug , from one year to the next , when using the mower again, makes no spark more…the reason was that the electric current runs the way of less resistance, in this case was some soot on the inner isolator, where the electricity runs to the thread avoiding making spark…after cleaning the porcellaine isolator with a woodstick on the whole lenght, it works well again…
the ideal charcoal moisture you have received with fresh made barrel charcoal…if i understand right?

5 Likes

Yesterday, the char burner had to strech a bit. It powered the old combine for probably at least 5 hours. It ran without skipping a beat. We did fine tune the magnet some and the spark is now much better.

Old tradition for threshing day, flowers in cows horn.

I disasembled the gasifier for savety reasons and powered it via long hose. But l realy need to build a mobile 30gal barrel size gasifier/filter unit for those applications. Refueling each hour and then starting the combine again is kinda unpleasant…

20 Likes

Hey Kristjan, it’s nice to see that the work is going on, I wish I could push a sheaf of wheat down the throat of this device. Bravo ours!!! I know it’s not easy to find time for a video while working, thanks for that. :+1::clap::grinning:

11 Likes

Tone, we still have a litle bit to thresh so you are welcome to do so :wink:

10 Likes

Its been far too long since l last actualy drove on wood. l decided to fix the BCS trolly.

These things are noutoriously fussy to drive. You steer with your legs and the mechanism is counterintuitive. It makes sence to push with the right leg in order to move the mower left but here its the opposite so it needs some brain rewireing. And it can go fast too! Not hard to land in a ditch or a bypasing car. But it sure beats walking 4km where l do work at a friends homestead…

This is how it looks like

19 Likes