2012 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 18-20

Hi, I’m new here. Have any of you had or have contact with Swedish woodgas users ? There are a few with both original factory made units and very crude home made units.

HEY BERGT, WELCOME TO DRIVE ON WOOD, I AM IN CONTACT WITH VESA MIKKONEN., HE IS IN FINLAND, HE IS A PRO, WITH WOOD GAS, HE HAS A BOOK HE SELLS THAT EXPLAINS ALL HIS RESEARCH AND BUILDING METHODS , HE ALSO HAS PLANS IN HIS BOOK, THE NAME OF THE BOOK IS CALLED , WOODGAS FOR MOBILE APPLICATIONS, IT IS 321 PAGES OF GREAT INFO. HIS E-MAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected] i am sending photo,s of the book cover, I THINK HIS BOOK IS 75.00 ?? I BOUGHT ONE BUT CAN BNOT REMBER HOW MUCH I PAID FOR IT ? DUMPSRER -DAVE

Hi,
I’m hoping to drive my Mini-Winnie. A LeSharo. I just got it and am working out issues from it sitting for nearly a decade. Doesn’t look like anyone is going with me. Wifey is not interested. Probably can say the same for my 14 year old son.
Any toys needed?
Best,
Ron O

Hey Chris,
I was wondering if there is going to be a cost to attend this event, either as one who brings a woodgas powered item or as purely a spectator with lots of questions.

where can one obtain a copy of Mikkonen"s book? is it just through his email?

Hi Lou,

We are suggesting a donation of $20 to help cover costs. Anyone is welcome as long as they tell me first… For insurance reasons we can’t open it to the “public”.

Yes.
VesaM’s book is just through his E-Mail.
Pay-pal credit card. Or . . . I mailed the asked for actual Euro’s in cash.
Ask for current prices.

Regards
Steve Unruh

Wow what a great site. I will do my best to attend. Sounds like a really good time but am very busi.

Just added a cooler fan in case I get stuck in traffic on the way there or the such. The trailer has it’s own battery but I can recharge from the truck or hotel :o) . The cooler fan draws 3 amps or so and the start blower also draws around that … Mike LaRosa

For thoes interested in camping there are really nice shower facilities, and if it is raining there is enough room in the building we are getting to set your tent up inside or just put a cot in a corner the building looks around 100 X 40 ft… Ron L.

Is there a street address for the fair grounds please? I’m trying to map it on Google.
O.K.

I found it, corner of W. Walnut (Indiana 10), and West St.

Thanks,
Carl

I plan to come in from the west on 10 from Kankakee. Can someone (Chris Saenz) list coordinates ?? I figure I have 350 miles to do each way … Wayne and I were pretty even on the Kansas thing last year at 600 something … Thanks, Mike

OK Mike, here you go. 41.237157,-86.249131

Thanks Chris … I’ll plug them in tomorrow and see where I wind up … Mike
Violin is tuned up …

Hi, im new to this and would like to go to the Indiana show . Do i need to regester to get in.

Hi Doug. There is a link to the registration form near the top of this thread. As I understand it your name must be on the registration to get in because for insurance purposes the event is not open to the general public. Without being on the list you will be considered “public”. Hope this helps.

Chris, do you need the money up front like by pay pal now??

cz

Not necessary Carl, at this point we’re paid for for this year. We will be taking donations on the spot for food/supplies and next year’s events.

i just filled out the form today as a tentative attendee (don’t want to get turned away if i make a 2 day trip just to get out there…) but i don’t see my name on the list.

Hi Robin,

I’m updating it manually. We wouldn’t turn you away, it’s just for insurance purposes and to get an idea who’s coming.